Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

comparing tundra 4x4 with ford f series

Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Banned
sunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to behold
sunflower's Tacoma Gallery
comparing tundra 4x4 with ford f series

Are the new Toyota Tundra 4x4 more comparable to the F-150 or F-250 ?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
Probably. Being as they wont break down as much, they would actually be able to make it to their destination....
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
If I'm reading your question right, it would be comparable to the F-150.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
F150.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
My friend is about to buy a brand new F150 FX4 Ecoboost. I don't know much about it but I've been persuading him to also consider the Tundra. He tows a boat in summer and a five sled snowmobile trailer in the winter. Anything I can tell him more specifically to look at other than reliability. Like specific towing capabilities or some certain feature that is superior. To be honest the Ecoboost sounds like it might be better for him from what he's told me but neither truck is my area of expertise. Thanks in advance
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, I'm just going to direct him to this thread so any input for future buyer welcome.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
My friend is about to buy a brand new F150 FX4 Ecoboost. I don't know much about it but I've been persuading him to also consider the Tundra. He tows a boat in summer and a five sled snowmobile trailer in the winter. Anything I can tell him more specifically to look at other than reliability. Like specific towing capabilities or some certain feature that is superior. To be honest the Ecoboost sounds like it might be better for him from what he's told me but neither truck is my area of expertise. Thanks in advance
the Ecoboost engine has had many problems I have heard...needs the bugs worked out of it.

Love my Tundra but it is a 1st gen.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Personally I would get a F series or Silverado over a new Tundra any day.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
after seeing my friends dads F150 MGP hell no. it was telling us how far we had ti empty. we went like 25 miles at start it said like 148 or right about after we got their it said 85 i think. did not go fast. 70MPH for 8 miles than dropped down to 60MPH. this hole time it said we wear getting 17.1 MPG. we used like 2x (maybe even 3x as much gas as i do to do the same exact trip and speed.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Personally I would get a F series or Silverado over a new Tundra any day.
This. The Silverado may not have the same power as the tundra but looks better both on the outside and the inside.
And you wont get over 15 in the tundra no matter what...towing you will get 8 mpg but thats with all the trucks.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #14

I was always a Chevy man, and was completely set on a Silverado at one point. . . Then traded in my Tahoe for a Taco and never looked back
Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
This. The Silverado may not have the same power as the tundra but looks better both on the outside and the inside.
And you wont get over 15 in the tundra no matter what...towing you will get 8 mpg but thats with all the trucks.
The Tundra is just big power numbers. BFD.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
One of the sled mags did a review of the Ecoboost & towing sled trailers specifically. I will see if I can find the article but the review mentioned it did not meet expectations when towing.

Quote:
This is not true.
MPG numbers in my 2011 tundra are very comparable to what I got in my 2006 Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L V6 auto. I have tracked it pretty good since trading in Sep.

I have avg 19 on longer trips & 13 mpg towing my enclosed 2 place snowmobile trailer this winter all over VT/NH/ME. That was better than tacoma did.
Just saying as an owner of both. My tacoma I had 5 yrs & it was a great truck but towing is much easier with the Tundra and really like it. My mpg did not suffer at all.

As far as the OP question comparatively the F150 will find the article and post the link.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Link for Ford tow testing Snowgoer Mag

Snowgoer towing review using Ford F150 Ecoboost
Old 03-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can get a Silverado 1500 that puts out more power(at least HP not sure on torque) than the Tundra. 6.2L 402hp.

But I'd agree I'd take an F150 or Silverado over a Tundra. Not that I dislike the Tundra but there are others I like better. Although I also like the new Rams and I've always disliked previous generation Rams.

Really depends on who you talk to. Everyone will have stories saying this car sucks i know so and so who has one and they have this problem. Then you'll have the others who have had no issues. This can be applied to any vehicle. It would only take one Taco owner to make someone think that all Taco's rust to hell or all the transmissions suck or this or that.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
Michigan Member
BCTacoma2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
BCTacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my 2010 Tacoma for a 2011 F150 EcoBoost because I purchased a larger travel trailer. I pull about 7k pounds when all is said and done and it does a great job. I'm just over 15,000 and have had 0 problems with this truck.

I loved my Taco, but it wouldn't pull the trailer.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My dad owns a tundra and when we are towing our boat we get 15 mpg and normally we get around 18-20 mpg not towing...