Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Bigwapiti's 2011 Tundra build ~ 'Big Nambe'

Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #61
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
I literally just turned green with envy...! Ha, dude that is an awesome truck you have! Where is atomic located? What can I expect to pay for front and back bumpers for mine?

Thanks!
I do not think that word means what you think it means...

Matt
Old 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #62
bigwapitijohnny has a spectacular aura aboutbigwapitijohnny has a spectacular aura about

bigwapitijohnny's Tacoma Gallery
Camping this weekend...

All,

I just got back from camping over the holiday weekend. My wife is not a camper, and she had an 'awesome' time...

Regards,

BWJ
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #63
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I do not think that word means what you think it means...

Matt
I literally may not.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #64
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=bigwapitijohnny;6952617]All,

I just got back from camping over the holiday weekend. My wife is not a camper, and she had an 'awesome' time...

Yeah, you definitely have the set up for a comfortable camp!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #65

BWJ, when you did your 3/1 lift, did you have any vsc problems? Nannies go off or anything? Was looking at a 2/1 lift, but after everything I've read, I'm not sure I want to. What do you think?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #66
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwapitijohnny View Post
All,

Oh and how did you get your tundra to shoot fire out the tailpipe?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #67

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ haaa that's awesome. I hadn't noticed that.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #68
bigwapitijohnny has a spectacular aura aboutbigwapitijohnny has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
BWJ, when you did your 3/1 lift, did you have any vsc problems? Nannies go off or anything? Was looking at a 2/1 lift, but after everything I've read, I'm not sure I want to. What do you think?

Trucky,

No VSC or nanny problems at all. I have not had ANY issues with my Toytec Ultimate 3/1...

Not familiar with the issues mentioned...

Regards,

BWJ
Old 06-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post

Oh and how did you get your tundra to shoot fire out the tailpipe?
LOL, I hadn't noticed that either...Actually, that is a sand proof mat. I have it in my 'courtyard' and the 'porch'...

Regards,

BWJ
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #70
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This rig is amazing. Looking over this build Ive realized that I need more money.. Keep up the inspiration! -Swanny.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #71
What do you mean I can't go there?
Devilscar is on a distinguished road

Name: Thoreau
Devilscar's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Devilscar
I'm jealous. I want all those switches and that gear. What do you plan on doing with the eject switch?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #72

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4Taco View Post
This rig is amazing.*snip*.. Keep up the inspiration! -Swanny.
Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilscar View Post
I'm jealous. I want all those switches and that gear. What do you plan on doing with the eject switch?
Talking to some car audio shops...Thinking about a seat that will vibrate and some sort of alarm buzzer...

Regards,

BWJ
Old 09-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #73
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Armstrong SGMTK1

ive wanted one of those for a long time..

amazon says $2700

Awesome build. Ill trade you some pocket lint for it (the tool box i mean of course)

I have always wanted to build an EXP rig and drive it down to the darien gap. BUT thats probably never going to happen.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #74
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
And i have to say, that is the best looking set of bumpers i have ever seen for a tundy.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #75

Plano AW case is on...

All,

I have been quite busy in the off-season with various other projects, however, the modding bug is still present in my system...Recently, I cam across a great deal on an all-weather gun case at my local Wal-Mart. This is the bigger brother of the double pistol case that I got at the Bass Pro shops catalog outlet several years ago. It is molded in a material that is not as robust as a Pelican, however, my recovery gear never complained so I bought case. It was $ 69 + tax. There are several nice features that include the following: pressure relief valve, a sealed gaskets, pick and pluck foam and dual lockable hinges. I chose to mount this case in my Baja Rack and I bolted it down with 5 u-clamps. The holes are sealed with Pell door / window flashing tape. I will have my recovery gear more accessible if the tire carrier / tailgate were to become blocked.

Here is the original case with my recovery gear in it.

I was able to reuse the picked foam from the double pistol case without any issues. The case is big enough for my synthetic rope extension, my tree saver and snatching ropes. The sesamee locks tuck right into the case itself...

Enjoy!

Regards,

BWJ
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #76
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
I like that idea for storing your recovery gear! Good thinking!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #78
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
such a sweet build! love all the care taken in the details...

Old 03-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #79

Bamuffler system is on...

All,

I just got through with installing my 8" Bamufflersystem from Keith Carty and Dirty Deeds industries. Keith makes these exhaust systems by hand,and these are considered the gold standard in Toyota Tundra circles. I chose to get this new exhaust due to Toyotamaking a very restrictive OEM muffler, me wanting my rig to 'exhale' a littleeasier. I will not post up drone / nodrone videos because I believe this to be redundant. Keith has been VERY helpful is deciding whatsystem to get, and he was spot on...I was looking for a 'Wolf in sheep'sclothing', and the 8" system, with the Helmholtz resonator, was just theticket. I was fortunate enough to get inmy order when he was ahead of schedule. Got my system 1.5 weeks ahead of time. UPS dropped off this 'mummified body of sorts' on my doorstep 1 weekago...wife and kids were concerned about what the UPS man delivered...

I have NEVER seen a package this carefully wrappedever. His packing tape bill must behorrendous. It took about an act ofCongress to get this system unpacked...As you can see, the weld beads are likea stack of quarters. This thing is allbeef with everything made of stainless steel. I opted for the "Cleveland special 2.0" due to the heavilysalted Winter roads in the Midwest.

The install was not TOO bad. I am not mechanically inclined at all, however, this was pretty straightforward. I am not going to share howlong it took though...The tough part of my install was the rusted / seizedbolts. Nothing that my FUBAR and breakerbar couldn't handle . The system isliterally 'bolt on' with no need for my big hammer to persuade things. Hangers were in the perfect position...

I decided to hold off on the Helmholtz resonator for acouple of days just to see how the drone was. In my opinion, the drone was TOO much for me, and I was starting to havea little buyer's remorse.

Yeah, I'm too old and it was too loud. Following a quick call to Keith, he reassuredme that the Helmholtz will make it all good again. I sealed the flanges of the resonator withPermatex Ultra Copper RTV sealant, and it fit like a glove. Following my install of the resonator, thedrone in the cab was just like stock, if not better. I called Keith to congratulate him on being agenius and that the 8" system was the right one for me...

I have since installed a Hypertech interceptor (HTI) tuneras well. My Winter mpgs numbers sincethe additions are VERY good. During theWinter prior to the additions, I would average 11.4 - 11.8 mpgs. With the HTI and the 8" Bamufflersystem, I'm getting 13.4 mpgs...Better mileage + sounds like a beast = happy,happy, happy

Regards,

BWJ

Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 AM   #80

All,

I had noticed awhile back that my rig was getting heavier as the armamentarium grew. I could notice a distinct 'sag' from the side shot. Driveability has never been an issue ~ Tundra has been rock solid. However, I am getting to the point of asking myself "What do I truly need?". I can tell you that this question is leading me down a path that I have never really considered or thought of too much. Do I REALLY need a cant hook AND felling lever? Do I REALLY need 2x 5 gallon air tanks? Hmmmmmmm. To be honest, I guess everyone goes through this simplification process at one time or another. There is something to be said about intellectual and armamentarial simplification...Anyways, onto the pics.

Here she is several months ago. Notice that she is a tad below level in the rear, kind of a 'California' rake.

The problem is more noticeable from underneath the rig. Even with 2" rear shackles + 1" Deaver add-a-leafs, I could see that the original leaf springs were not getting the job done. Notice the first spring is inverting and the second is flat...Yikes.

I made a quick call and sent a photo to Wil at Sierra Expeditions. He recommended OME Dakar HD leaf springs with the add-a-leafs. I have had these for quite sometime now, and I here are my thoughts. The ride is smooth. Again, more of a supple feel when going over bumps. That being said, she is heavy. I took my rig over the Continental divide last summer, and it did just fine. I never had an issue at all. First pic is coming into the Great Sand dune after Medano pass. Second pic is having lunch at the Alpine tunnel...

One issue that I am having is the leafs squeak. It is awful. I have since contacted arbUSA about this issue, and they recommended that I place marine grade grease in between the leafs. I tried conventional grease, dry graphite lube, etc...all to no avail. I used one whole tube of this stuff, and it seems to be working so far. A slight squeak is detectable, but it seems to be improved markedly.

Now, I can see that the leafs issue is better than before and my sag is eliminated.

BEFORE

AFTER

I am looking at new ways to lighten the weight and simplify. I am realizing that I really don't need to carry the kitchen sink. Stay tuned...

Regards,

BWJ