1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 Tundra Suspension Upgrade Need Help

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by SalmoJarred, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Oct 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    SalmoJarred

SalmoJarred [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jarred
    Koots
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra Yamaha Edition
    None so far
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site and I figured this would be the best place to try and get the answers that I am looking for.
    I have read some other posts and got a bit of information but not quite what I am looking for.
    I just bought a 06 Tundra Access Cab Yamaha Edition about 2 months ago with no current upgrades. I live in British Columbia Canada in the Kootenays where we have lots of mountains and rough terrain. I will be using the truck for hunting and moderate offroading. I at first thought of just putting a leveling kit in the truck before going on a good trail ride and realized I would like to get better performance out of the truck offroad.
    I spent some time researching online and found a site called offroadwarehouse, they offer a fox coilover kit with uca and rear shocks with remote resi's http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/4/sfID2/78/sfID3/83/productID/50897 . I also looked to see what Camburg and King offered for my truck to just bolt on and fox seems to offer the best choice. The fox's were the only ones I could find for my truck to directly bolt on with remote resi's. The kings only gave me 2 inches of leveling in the front and do not require uca's. The camburgs i found give me 3 inches of adjustment, require uca's but do not have remote resi's and the site gives me the option to purchase a few different rear shocks.
    So my questions to you guys is:
    1) Will this kit make much of a difference
    2) Do i need remote resi's for what im doing
    4) Does anyone have experience with this stuff and can they tell me a thing or two about it.

Im new to all this stuff and need help to fiqure out where to spend my hard earned coin and get a nice ride out of my truck.

Thanks guys

2. Nov 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM
    M C M

M C M Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Sin City, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    91 Toyota Pick Up, 02 Toyota Tundra
    Lots of expensive shit
    Any of the bolt in coilovers should have an upper arm if you want it to have any caster at ride height. ADS shocks offer a bolt in coilover with remote resi as well. It's who I use to go with my upper arms.

To Top