Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Tundra Rock Warrior

Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra Rock Warrior

Quick question about these Tundras. I'm looking at trading or selling my Tacoma for a 2013 Tundra. The Rock Warrior package is a bad ass looking truck but does it offer anything other than color matched grill/bumpers, TRD wheels? I know the crewmax has the vertical opening rear window which is bad ass but it only has a 5.5 ft bed. I looked on yota's website and didn't really see anything other that those, though I was tired at the time and may have looked over something?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
It's essentially cosmetic in nature... think you get a special shift knob, some floormats, all terrains, special wheels and a sticker.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
this is from the website
  • (RK) TRD Rock Warrior Package (Tundra Grade 4x4 only) includes 17-in. split 6-spoke, gunmetal-color-finished, TRD Rock Warrior forged alloy wheels with LT285/70R17 BFGoodrich® All-Terrain T/A tires, Bilstein® shock absorbers, fuel tank skid plates, color-keyed front bumper and grille surround, matte black rear bumper, fog lights, sliding rear window with privacy glass (Double Cab only), front bucket seats with 8-way adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support, 4-way adjustable front passenger seat and black fabric-trimmed seating surfaces, TRD Rock Warrior graphics. Requires auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink®' [12] universal transceiver. Integrated backup camera [7] display included in either rearview mirror or available Display Navigation [5] with Entune® [6]. Replaces standard equipment column shifter with center-console gated shift lever. (Available in the following exterior colors: Black, Radiant Red, Magnetic Gray Metallic or Super White only.)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
stuckinoh is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
stuckinoh's Tacoma Gallery
I have one (a 2010) they are bad ass looking but I agree the package is mostly cosmetic. I have the double cab so I can't comment on the rear window but I do think the double cab has plenty of space while still having the bigger bed. One thing that is nice is the skid plating - although pretty thin. Be aware the double cab will sit low in the front - mine is a full 3" raked. Wheels and tires are sharp too. I took the rings off my wheels and derped them black (black truck) and they look awesome.

Also the fuel economy sucks. Just being honest. If you were closer I'd consider trading you to get a Tacoma back.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
what about it makes you want a tacoma over the tundra? just the fuel economy? or a better offroad frame? According to the MPG for the 2013 I would be getting about the same economy as my tacoma, it being lifted and loaded with bumpers/gear...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 4x4 DC Tundra non RW w/ 6.5 bed.
As far as mpg, my truck gets pretty close to what I got in my DC tacoma. It is the 4.6L V8 totally stock not lifted or leveled.
It is a big truck so at times parking at smaller trail heads is a pita. I have gotten use to it in pretty much all parking lots.
Back up cam is extremely helpful & I added an oem kit w/ homelink mirror. Best mod ever.
I also was able to find a set of nearly new RW tire/wheel pkg off a tundra site, swapped out the chrome grill for color match.
I love my truck but the tacoma certainly is best suited for trail runs in forests where I live, nimble.
I tried out a 2013 Tacoma for I thought I wanted to go back but just couldn't.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
They will be redesigning the 2014 Tundra models with some interesting changes. I am seriously considering selling my tacoma to move to the larger Tundra but I am going to wait and see what the new look will be. If I can get the same gas mileage from the larger vehicle , why not.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
stuckinoh is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
stuckinoh's Tacoma Gallery
I guess my main beef right now is the fuel economy. I love everything else about the truck. Mine is a daily driver and has the V8 5.7 liter so maybe that's the other problem. I love the overall bed space, but I don't tow much either so the bed and interior space is the main reason I wanted mine. Overall it is a toss up between Tundra and Tacoma. If you can get the same gas mileage go for it.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinoh View Post
I guess my main beef right now is the fuel economy. I love everything else about the truck. Mine is a daily driver and has the V8 5.7 liter so maybe that's the other problem. I love the overall bed space, but I don't tow much either so the bed and interior space is the main reason I wanted mine. Overall it is a toss up between Tundra and Tacoma. If you can get the same gas mileage go for it.
I have an 07 DBL Cab Limited 5.7... x2 on the fuel economy... ouch...
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #11
GWinstead is on a distinguished road
Army:
GWinstead's Tacoma Gallery
Had one of these pull up next to me at a light this week. I had to come to this subforum to get the scoop on it. Yes, a Bad-ass look for sure.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 OR w/ the 5.7 4x4 DC. My tacoma got so much better gas milage and don't need such a big ass truck. I'm skinny dude. And I just miss and love the Tacoma. To me it's a better truck all around.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
I'm seriously looking at a 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4. I've been going back and forth with the dealer trying to get my monthly payment around $600.00 per month that includes a trade in of my 2010 Tacoma DC 4x4.

Right now I'm looking at $42,800 out the door for the Tundra.

Besides the payment holding me back is the manual transmission my Tacoma has. I absolutely love driving a manual.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #14
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
I'm seriously looking at a 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4. I've been going back and forth with the dealer trying to get my monthly payment around $600.00 per month that includes a trade in of my 2010 Tacoma DC 4x4.

Besides the payment holding me back is the manual transmission my Tacoma has. I absolutely love driving a manual.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

not a bad deal, as long as interest isnt high, i paid 48k out the door for my tundra and wasnt limited
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #16
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub. reading all info. trying to talk dad into getting a new one at the end of next year.(talk him into a ’13 since they are coming out with new style in ’14.

he has a ’00 4.7v8 that has ver 200k hard worked and driven miles on it. he wants a newer one, and i think end of next year will be good becaise they will try and discount what they have left to make room for the new ’14s
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #17
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I paid $31k out the door my 10 and it wasnt limited. payments at $439
Old 12-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #18
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chart92 View Post
I paid $31k out the door my 10 and it wasnt limited. payments at $439
Holy shit! Is that a 6 year loan?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #19
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
not a bad deal, as long as interest isnt high, i paid 48k out the door for my tundra and wasnt limited
This is the 0% interest deal that Toyota Financial Services is currently running
Old 12-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking of getting a Tundra. I'm also waiting to see what the 2014 looks like. I'm assuming all of the 2012+ trucks now come with a blue dash instead of orange? I'm mostly interested because I need the cab space. I can't see starting over on another Tacoma for an extra foot of cab space.