Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Tundra to haul the Tacoma

Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My Dad has a 2012 ram 1500, my brother has a 2012 ram 3500 and my other brother has a 2010 tundra.

The tundra does not even compare to the interiors of the rams.

The power for 1500 vs tundra feels about the same to me but the ram rides like a Cadillac compared to the tundra.

All in all if I were looking for a tow rig with a reliable motor with towing capacity to spare and a decent ride I would get a Ram cummins 2500.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
acad54 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Chris
acad54's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acad54 View Post
awesome!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
acad54 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
acad54's Tacoma Gallery
Took the Tacoma to Lake City, CO for a little offroading
Old 08-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #25
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE:
Bought an '11 DoubleCab today. 4x4 Rock Warrior with 22K miles.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #26
Trying to save the manuals
Smudgey is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
Smudgey's Tacoma Gallery
That Rock Warrior looks great, keep us up to date on how the towing goes.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
My 5.7 pulls the trailer and truck just fine. The roads are pretty flat around here. I was able to get 11.5 mpg with the truck pulling the trailer with the Tacoma on it.

It also pulls my camper pretty good. For the 600 or so miles a year that I put on it, I see no need for a diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Tundra to haul the Tacoma-imag0248.jpg   Tundra to haul the Tacoma-imag0190.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #28
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I haul some pretty heavy material loads and while I should understand that you are supposed to drive the truck differently when doing this...I have ZERO patience! I am very demanding of my vehicles and the tundra nails it every time. I have the 3' ome suspension but the airbags help on heavy loads. I also worry about gas mileage so I bought a prius for that
Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #29
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
good choice keeping it with Toyota! would that model be considered access or double cab?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Double cab, the rear door opens from the back, its just small IMO
Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #31
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
good choice keeping it with Toyota! would that model be considered access or double cab?
Thanks,

Yeah like said before the Half door model is the double cab and the full 4 door is the crew or mega, cant remember what they call it.

I was actually impressed by the rear seat room on the double cab. I wanted a 4 door and wasnt going to get something with no room in the back. For kids plenty or room and even for average sized adults Its roomy back there.

I like the console set up, part of the reason why I got this one over other models. Didnt like the bench seat. I have no need for a 6th seat.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #32
18 wheels
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck! Always was a fan of the tundra. I like big trucks
Old 11-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #33
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
If you're planning on towing, get a diesel.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #34
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
The Tundra would be a beast for towing, but get 10 MPG. My ecoboost pulls an 8k lb trailer and I can't tell it's back there, but again 10 MPG if I go over 60 MPH.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
If you're planning on towing, get a diesel.
I was considering a diesel. Bit i also had a price range. I wasn't willing to go that old to get a diesel in my price range. If i tow it will be local no more than 60 miles and no mountain towing.

And on the interiors,

I like my Tundra interior. same reason i like the tacoma interior. Its a truck and seems more utilitarian.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #36
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh I see. For short distance the gas may be ok. Also depends on the load. My dads hemi toes extremely heavy loads, though not far. He needs a diesel....