Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

2012 oil changes

Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
2012 oil changes

Ok so since the 2012 tundras take full synthetic, how long do y'all go in between oil changes? The dealer says 10k
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
bmpskir will become famous soon enoughbmpskir will become famous soon enough

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
I would never go 10k - but that is me... 5k is what the book says... and you are asking about the tundra? just got rid of an 07 and went 5k and rotated tires at the same time... will do the same with the tacoma...
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah my girlfriend was at the dealership and they said they couldn't do it cuz its every 10k which I think is bs
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah even over here if it's full synthetic from Toyota through the free maintenance you'll only get it free at or near 10k. Otherwise you have to pay for it. Me personally I do my own oil changes with Mobil 1 full syn and still only go between 4-5k miles.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
Yeah even over here if it's full synthetic from Toyota through the free maintenance you'll only get it free at or near 10k. Otherwise you have to pay for it. Me personally I do my own oil changes with Mobil 1 full syn and still only go between 4-5k miles.
I guess she should just wait then, Yeah I go about 3k full synthetic on the taco...and since I work at a shop I just do them myself
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
Talked with one of the service managers at the dealership where I bought my Tundra a few weeks ago and told me he will see me`at 5000 miles....

So you are saying that as part of the maintenance that I can't get it done until I hit 10000 miles ?