Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

2014 New Tundra

Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepremiere View Post
I go through some elevation changes to and from work and the Tacoma does worse than my Tundra did on gas. Tundra 6-Speed + More Low End Torque > than Tacoma 5-Speed that goes shifts like this up the hills at 70mph. 3-4-3-3-3-4-5-3-4-3 Lol.

Going back... I place my order in May
Wow! You really got better mileage with the Tundra? My 2010 5.7l Tundra got horrendous mileage. I was getting around 10 city and 15 highway, and I drive like a grandma. Did you have a 6cyl or the smaller V8?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #42
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Tundras sit too low in the front end for me. Price and MPGs also an issue. I will sick with Tacoma for now. One of these days I may need a full size truck again. Who knows by then maybe the Tacos will have more power. Power thing is crazy. When I bought my boat in 1985 I had a F150 300 6 that put out 140 hp. Upgraded to a V8 that put out a whopping 150. The I got a 87 with a 351 H.O.. It had a whopping 215 but put out a ton of torque. Even my 2001 F150 5.4 only had 260. Taco seems to have plenty of power compared to the old Fords.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #43
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Tundras sit too low in the front end for me. Price and MPGs also an issue. I will sick with Tacoma for now. One of these days I may need a full size truck again. Who knows by then maybe the Tacos will have more power. Power thing is crazy. When I bought my boat in 1985 I had a F150 300 6 that put out 140 hp. Upgraded to a V8 that put out a whopping 150. The I got a 87 with a 351 H.O.. It had a whopping 215 but put out a ton of torque. Even my 2001 F150 5.4 only had 260. Taco seems to have plenty of power compared to the old Fords.
Good point. Its easy to forget how impressive 236 HP is compared to what trucks had not so long ago. Especially in a midsize. I forgot how gutless the Ford 300 6 was-140 HP! I still miss my '89, though. Lots of good memories in that truck, but it was an absolute dinosaur compared to the modern Tacoma.

They'd have to get the MPGs up into the low 20s for me to consider another Tundra. The power was great, and I got used to the weird styling, but 10-15 MPG was just not acceptable. I have to wonder if the TRD OR had a different gear ratio that made the mileage so bad?
Attached Thumbnails
2014 New Tundra-f150cropsmall.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #44
Nfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nfurtado77's Tacoma Gallery
It's starting to grow on me however I am not a fan of the chrome grille and bumper. Still haven't decided on tundra or tacoma.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #45
KaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfurtado77 View Post
It's starting to grow on me however I am not a fan of the chrome grille and bumper. Still haven't decided on tundra or tacoma.
Agree - if they offer something like the current RockWarrior (color matched bumpers and blacked out chrome), then I'd be all over it. I just can't stand all the chrome. But obviously they're only showing the high up models with "limited,platinum,other-ungodly-rare-identifying-name.." I'm not a huge fan of the exterior, specifically the nose, I like the tail, and love the interior.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #46
Taco turned Burrito

I'm cautiously waiting for the full specs on the 2014 Tundra. If they keep offering the regular cab SB TRD OR with the center console and bucket seats, I may have to order one. I had a 2010 Tundra with the same specs, and I've always sort of regretted trading it. I have limited garage space in an area of the country with major hail storms, so a Taco or a Tundra regular cab SB are my only options without risking parking my truck outside. I really don't need the double cab and would prefer a larger bed and more power (Tundra). The problem is that I absolutely love my Taco and would be hesitant to give up the gas mileage for another Tundra. I actually really like the look of the new Tundra, especially the interior. My bud at the local Toyota dealer told me he could get me back what I paid for my Taco TRD DC because they're so rare around here and easy to sell. I'm just disappointed that the new Tundra doesn't have a new engine with better MPGs. Looks only go so far, and if you look at the Tundra forums, the looks of the new one are NOT popular. The next few months will be interesting...I think a TRD supercharger on my current Taco may be fighting my wallet for a 2014 Tundra RCSB TRD!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #47
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a color matched grill for 150 bucks.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #48
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Tundra: First Drive.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/30/2...w-first-drive/

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...d_first_drive/

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/07...rst-drive.html
Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #49
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ sounds like mix reviews from each publication.

Pros.
-Interior
-Improve handling
-Exterior tweak to make it look less bubbly.

Cons.
-no improvement in power train
-that big ass chrome front.

Get rid of all the chrome, and I'm a fan.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #50
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
What's up with the skewp hood? Is it functional or just for looks?

I think it would look better if the hood was flat. I mean who would want a fake skewp right. lol
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Well at least it doesn't look like it has Down syndrome anymore
Old 07-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #52
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrdr1220 View Post
What's up with the skewp hood? Is it functional or just for looks?

I think it would look better if the hood was flat. I mean who would want a fake skewp right. lol
Not functional skewp
Old 08-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #53
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
I like it
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #54
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
The 2014's are on the way to the dealerships now
Old 08-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #55
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
chrome exterior is aiming it towards american buyers (the new silverados and f-150's have alot of bling too) and as for the interior its nice but not my taste just because its so close to the fords but probably because ford is the best selling truck and thats why they designed the similarity towards the f-150. all i know is im either gonna try and save for the 1794 edition or just stick with my 07 taco. i have also contemplated the trade in and as far as gas goes im getting around 16mpg and my dads 5.7 is averaging the same so i figure why not more power when punks rev at me right?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #56
5150 Taco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Pete
5150 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else think the front end resembles the Honda Ridgeline? They should have changed the name to Toyota Ridgra. I need to see one in person. That Barcelona Red one is growing on me.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #57
Taco turned Burrito

Well, the RCSB option is officially gone for the '14 Tundra. I picked up one of the last 2013 RCSB TRD OR Tundras in the country. Loved my Taco, but couldn't resist the last chance to have such a unique truck.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #58

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post
Well, the RCSB option is officially gone for the '14 Tundra. I picked up one of the last 2013 RCSB TRD OR Tundras in the country. Loved my Taco, but couldn't resist the last chance to have such a unique truck.

Link?

There is going to be RC 2014 Tundra, but does SR (work grade) mean 8' long bed? From this link I can't deduct if they mean RCSB or RCLB.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/08...14-tundra.html
Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #59
Toyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
Toyotacerttech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post

I drove that Tundra Today
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #60
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Link?

There is going to be RC 2014 Tundra, but does SR (work grade) mean 8' long bed? From this link I can't deduct if they mean RCSB or RCLB.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/08...14-tundra.html
I don't know if they're going to have an RCSB or not, but thanks for this link. I'm damn pleased to see their pricing hasn't increased. I'm sniffing out an SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4 and they're sitting around $34K. I can live with that.

Edit- I've been reading the full press release that article is based on and I just came across this:

"Tundra offers a palette of nine exterior colors including three new colors: Attitude Black Metallic; Sunset Bronze Mica; and Blue Ribbon Metallic. Popular carryover colors include Radiant Red, Super White, Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Black, and Barcelona Red."

They're offering two different shades of black and two shades of red, but no green at all? WTF?? Believe it or not, this may be enough to make me question buying one of these things. Maybe I should go looking for a nice 2012/13 instead. Damnit Toyota!!

http://blogs.cars.com/files/2014-tun...ng-release.pdf