Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

5 lug??? Need an answer to a question.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug??? Need an answer to a question.

So I was looking at a few tundras when I took a recent trip to the dealership.
Damn sexy trucks. I will be considering one in the future.
However I have a quick question.

Why are they 5 lug??

The tacomas are still 6 lug and this got the gears turning. I figured the lugs must be bigger but I couldnt tell.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure why they are 5 lug, it changed in the 07 model year, and the sequoia
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure why they went to the 5 lug axle.
It was almost considered sac religious back in 06 when they switch the tundra from 6 to 5 lug (for the 07 model year).
The 100 series land cruiser was the first to get the 5-150mm pattern followed by the tundra and sequoia.

The wheel patter is 5-150 mm with a 14x1.5 stud. So they enlarged the studs but dropped a lug.
No big deal, really.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
texascolt45 will become famous soon enough
Name: mike
texascolt45's Tacoma Gallery
a friend of mine borrowed an 09.it was missing 1 lug.they had to go.couldn't wait to travel.tightened the remaining 4,i figured it will be ok till they get back.wrong.sheared 3 more off before they got back from a 300 mile trip.broke down at 3 am on the side of the road in east texas.yes why did they go to 5 not really bigger lugs.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I always wondered why Toyota would do that considering the Chevy and ford trucks are 6 lug