LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Prior Tacoma owners

Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Owned a bunch of different Toyota vehicles.

Went from an 03 Tacoma to 06 Tundra.

Pros of Tundra

Power. The V8 is no joke, Tacoma cant even come close.
Size. Much roomier and fits 4 comfortably. (I have a 4 door)
Noise. My tundra is a lot quieter in the cab.
Ride. Heavier truck has a smoother ride on the road, doesnt buck around like the taco.
Safety. More space around occupants, heavy duty construction.

Cons of Tundra as compared to Tacoma
Mileage. - Seeing 14 avg now as opposed to 17-18
Size. - Harder to park, doesnt fit in as many spaces
Weight. - Sometimes lighter is better

Similarities - I feel as though the interior quality and equipment is almost identical. My Tacoma was a TRD and had a rear locker, my Tundra is not. Factory parts are almost identical.

All in all I wish the cost to drive the Tundra was the same as the Tacoma, because the power of the V8 is awesome.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm loving the 5.7 liter engine. Tundra for the win!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #43
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fou View Post
That's what I was looking for. I was trying to make a last minute decision. I could get a Tundra at almost the same price as the Tacoma (although, not as equipped).

The Tundra was also at the dealer, but not my first choice of color. The Tacoma was exactly what I wanted, but hasn't even made it to the boat, yet.

I ended up putting a deposit down on the Tacoma, which will be here the first of April. For my needs, I'm confident I made the right decision.
Boat? You just being funny. I am unaware of any barge traffic between San Antone and Tn..
Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #44
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Boat? You just being funny. I am unaware of any barge traffic between San Antone and Tn..
the barge traffic is on I-10

im in the middle of this decision right now as well. i love my 07 pre-runner and the car seat fits perfectectly and for what i use it for its perfect but a tundra would be sweet and seeing as how i'm getting 16mpg in my taco and my dads 5.7 avgs about the same i figured why not but my curiosity is taking over and im wanting to see what the 2015 tacos will look like. that and i need to save because that 1794 edition tundra looks sweeeeeet
Old 08-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #45
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
You guys who are getting 12-16 mpg on your Tacos are running V6s, right?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #46
rotorwind is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
rotorwind's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 4.0 V6 taco and I get 19-22 mpg consistently. Stock
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #47
Brandtwi is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
Brandtwi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
The pros & cons listed by Bamma are spot on. Here is my experience.

I owned
2004 Tundra Crew Cab 4.7 TRD 4x4 then a
2006 Tacoma DC V6 SB 4x4 traded for a
2011 Tundra DC 4.6 4x4 traded for a
2013 Tacoma DC V6 SB 4x4 Off Road.

Drove the 1GEN 2004 Tundra Crew Cab for a couple of years.
It was a great truck, smooth trans & good mpg.
The rear power sliding window was a nice feature.
Pretty dated interior though.

My 2006 Tacoma DC gave me no issues other than a couple of TSBs & regular maintenance.
My only complaint was the lack of factory heated mirrors lol.
For some reason, I got it in my head I wanted a V8.
The leftover Tundras had killer rebates & were heavily discounted.
I thought what the heck it would be easier towing, have a little more power so I bought the 2011....

It was a nice truck & liked the cold weather package w/ heated mirrors,
a locking glove box & tailgate, adjustable headlights, tailgate assist.
It was quiet, had lots of storage, a huge bed.

1. I was dissappointed with the Tundra 4.6L & its shift points so if you are going to go Tundra go with the 5.7 imo.
The mpg is insignificant.

2. I did not like the huge blind spot in the A pillar on the windshield sides.
You really have to watch the sides of truck, pedestrians, bicycles, small cars even.

3. It does have a little bit of a bed bounce. It rode much smoother with weight in the bed.

The reason I went back to the tacoma was...

1. Parking - I hike a lot & go on a lot of fire roads.
Getting into tight trail head parking lots or single track dirt trails was not happening.

2. 4.6 engine & mpg.

3. My dog - Believe it or not, my dog had huge anxieties in the Tundra.
There had to be a sound that I couldn't hear that he could.
He rode everywhere with me in the tacoma w/o a problem.
I travel with him a lot so that pretty much sealed the deal.

I traded it after 1 1/2 yrs.
Believe it or not I'm happy to be back in a tacoma.
I use it for a truck, towing, in the woods, the SB has carried
plenty of camping gear, skiing, kayaking, mtn biking, DIY projects.
I love the way the truck rides & all its little quirks.
Love the stylin & the nimbleness.
Simon my dog is happy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tundras
but the Tacoma fits me so much better.
Really it comes down to what fits your lifestyle & family needs.
Best reply to a question I have seen!