Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Joined the darkside

Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Joined the darkside

This Saturday I stepped over to the dark side, I traded in my Taco on a new 2013 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4 in black.

I'm gonna miss the taco but I love the tundra. I've put about 150 miles on it so far this weekend driving around. It's quiet (compared to the taco with duratracs) and rides nice. More roomy inside and a few more creature comforts. I've averaged about 15.5 MPG which is the same as what I was getting in the taco with the 6spd, 285's, and lift.

Got a good deal on both my trade and the Tundra. I was surprised at how much they gave me on trade for the taco. Gotta love the resale on the tacos. They ended up giving me 17k with the mods (minus the leer cap, I'll sell that seperate). The taco had 127K miles on it.

Here's some details on the Tundra.
SR5 double cab 4x4 Black
-Center console shifter
-Compass, homelink, backup camera rear view mirror
-Heated side mirrors
-Factory bluetooth

"Dealer Extras"
-Spray in bedliner
-Tinted windows (I'll probably have them re-done a little darker).
-All weather floor mats (didn't really want them bc I'm gonna replace with some husky liners or weather techs).

Planned Mod list for the tundra.
-Katzkins graphite grey leather seat kit (ordered yesterday)
-Leer 100XR cap. I'll buy this as soon as I sell the leer from my taco.
-BHLM
-Get rid of the fugly chrome trim
-Tint the windows a little darker
-Husky liners or weather techs
-Add a sub
-Replace the tires with some A/T's eventually when the stockers wear out.
-Maybe lift it a little bit when I add the tires

Here's some pics of the taco. She'll be missed. Lol the dealership already has her listed for sale.

*hello tacomarotto, why such a sad face?

Here's a few of the new Tundra.
At the dealer

Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
$17k was a score on your part. wow.

good looking Tundra
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just checked the dealer's website. They have the Taco listed for $21,988. WOW! That's more than I paid for that truck 4 years ago.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
If you had bought a Ram I would say you would have gone to the darkside but you did stay in the Toyota family....

Congrats !!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
The last Tundra that I had was a 2007 ... and I loved the power of that 5.7L ...

Good luck with your new Tundra ... I'm sure you will like it. Congrats, great looking truck you bought too ...
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Heated mirrors.......... Damn you!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!! Congrats on the tundra!!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Congrats on the new truck.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #9
NorGATaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Brent
NorGATaco's Tacoma Gallery
where is that at in the first pic?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorGATaco View Post
where is that at in the first pic?
Sheepwallow