Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Joining the Tundra Club

Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Joining the Tundra Club

Last friday I picked up a 2010 Tundra TRD, SR5 with leather and seems to pretty loaded.

Im going to take some "good" pictures this weekend.

Welcome Home by Uncivilized-FotoworX, on Flickr
Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! My brother has a ’11 trd off road. they are very nice trucks.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats....good lookin' truck !!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Where are those good pics at OP?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I think I'm going to be right behind you here in a few months. I'm with the last poster--how about those pics?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Yessir. What Tundra are you looking at?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Yessir. What Tundra are you looking at?
If this question is for me, I'm thinking a 2014 Dbl Cab 4x4. Not sure about trim pack yet or whether to go with the 4.6 or the 5.7L. I want the highway mileage from the 4.6, but I don't know if it'll be enough ass for 4WD. I won't be doing any heavy towing so that's not an issue. I'm also slightly wanting the 8' box, but not sure if I can justify getting it. It'd be nice for the rare occasions I'd want that much cargo space, but I don't know if it'd be worth the maneuvering hassle the rest of the time.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, the 5.7 is the way to go. The MPG difference is meniscal. The 4.6 has to work much harder (thus using more fuel) to hit 70mph (just using this is an example) than the 5.7 would, so IMO it would offset the MPG difference. Besides, there may be a time when you need/want that extra power and wish you would have gone with the 5.7.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #9

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I know I'll run into a situation sooner or later where I'd want the extra power, I just wonder how often that'll happen. I talked to a guy with a 4.6 a week or so ago and he said he tested both and the biggest difference he found was at highway speeds where he could tell the 4.6 just didn't have the top end of the bigger motor. He did say he managed to hit 22mpg on one trip which would be nice (esp after dealing with 17-18 hwy on the Taco), but wouldn't be worth it if it was underpowered in 4WD. I'm not a hardcore off-roader, but I do go into very remote places that I sometimes need max balls to get in and out of.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove both and the power difference was significant for me...
Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #11

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know. Right now I'm in the 'research like a mofo' stage so I'm looking into everything. I plan to hang on to it for a while so I want to be completely satisfied right up front. I thought the Taco was going to do it for me, but after a year and a half, I'm ready to move on. Just not enough vehicle--neither interior nor box.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya man. I traded in my 09 DCSB O/R (modded) for the Tundra...once you have that interior space and powerful sound/feel of the v8 you won't ever go back lol
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Where are those good pics at OP?
Sorry Guys, Weather has be crappy.. need to wash it. ill get some soon!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Honestly, the 5.7 is the way to go. The MPG difference is meniscal. The 4.6 has to work much harder (thus using more fuel) to hit 70mph (just using this is an example) than the 5.7 would, so IMO it would offset the MPG difference. Besides, there may be a time when you need/want that extra power and wish you would have gone with the 5.7.

Yeah I have the 4.6l, getting decent MPGs, and it towed my Tacoma with no issues..
Old 05-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #15

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezidentRedz View Post
Yeah I have the 4.6l, getting decent MPGs, and it towed my Tacoma with no issues..
Are you 4WD? That's where I'm the most concerned about lack of power issues.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
Are you 4WD? That's where I'm the most concerned about lack of power issues.
Na, wish it was 4x4. and let me tell you something, My whole life I have driving 4 Bangers. My Taco is has the 2.7l and I have made up shit people said a 4 banger couldn't. its all personal preference, and if you can afford it.

If I had more time and more $$$ I prob also would have gotten the 5.7, 4x4, Crew Max. but all things considered, cant beat the price I got this 2010 Tundra. As It still sucks that I have a payment.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a 2013 tundra crewmax. So far I love having the extra space in the cab. Don't think I'll ever go back to the tacoma.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Lol getting new tires tomorrow. Ill get some pics soon..
Old 06-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #20
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
What size?