LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

TIRES, GAS MILEAGE

Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
53wick is on a distinguished road
53wick's Tacoma Gallery
TIRES, GAS MILEAGE

thinking about buying new tundra. would like to lift it 2 or 3 inches, would a 325 tire fit on the stock 18 steel rim? i know this will hurt gas mileage but how much? anyone done this? with the power of the 5.7 and having 4.30 gears if you dont go crazy on going to a bigger tire it should not kill the gas mileage, but i could be wrong.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded my 5 lug for a 5.7 Tundra 4x4 and have the stock 275 65R 18 tires. 325 seems a bit large on the Tundra, but I was reading some have fit 315's by trimming the skid plate and with a lift. I would expect mpg to drop a couple and your speedo will be off. On my 5 lug I went from stock to 255 65R 16 (29" tires) and lost 2 mpg. Previously on the taco my speedo was 3 mph fast stock and after tires size increase it was 4 mph slow.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
TIRES, GAS MILEAGE

I have 315/70/18 on mine and average around 11mpg...but I also don't drive it that lightly

Edit: 13.7 as of lately
Old 07-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
I have 315/70/18 on mine and average around 11mpg...but I also don't drive it that lightly

Edit: 13.7 as of lately
Been doing anything different to get the 13.7? Mine is an around town driver, very rarely highway....
Old 07-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Check out tundratalk.net. Tons of info
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 20's and if I drive as conservative as I can ill average 16mpg. I hate it, driving like that. Drives me nuts. I drive like I want and it averages about 12.5. I'm good with it. Honestly, if you care about getting good gas mileage don't get a tundra, unless you want to drive like a granny to get halfway decent mpg. If you get one, your getting a beast on wheels. Enjoy it to the fullest and don't worry about the mpg.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
I've got 20's and if I drive as conservative as I can ill average 16mpg. I hate it, driving like that. Drives me nuts. I drive like I want and it averages about 12.5. I'm good with it. Honestly, if you care about getting good gas mileage don't get a tundra, unless you want to drive like a granny to get halfway decent mpg. If you get one, your getting a beast on wheels. Enjoy it to the fullest and don't worry about the mpg.
Well I agree, and I am not too worried about mileage because it's paid for. I just like to know if others are driving normal and conditions, chipped, exhaust etc.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
BTW your TUndra is clean man, I like it
Old 07-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
BTW your TUndra is clean man, I like it
Thanks man! You will love having one. Thats were I think Toyota spent thier engineering budget... you can't go wrong