Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Anything to look for on new Tundras?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Anything to look for on new Tundras?

So Tundra people, anything I should look out for on the new Tundras? Any issues I need to worry about? I know I know Toyotas are flawless no problems blah blah lol. Contemplating pulling the trigger on a 2013 double cab 4wd TRD OR. My 09 Taco is paid off and I have no issues with it so I certainly don't need to unload it. Might see if they will come down some more on price if not I'll probably just hold on to the Taco.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a Crewmax and a 5.7 v8. Lots of folks have regrets...
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
Crewmax's are nice but I just couldn't see myself with a that short of a bed, but it fits most people's need just fine. All I know is I can't go back to just an access cab, hated the suicide doors on it.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea I wanted the longer bed as well and never need people to sit in the back. It's why I went with the access can when I got my taco and why I went with the dbl cab on the Tundra.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
My tundra double cab has about the same if not more backseat space than my Taco double cab had. I like having the extra 1.5 feet of bed space compared to my shortbed taco I had. My Leer cap comes in next week, I can't wait to see how much more cargo room I'll have compared to my shortbed taco with the leer cap.

My only issue with the Tundra is that I can't fit in the garage anymore. The wifey gets to park her vehicle in the garage now. My trailer takes up the other spot in the garage.

I paid $31,900 for my black '13 Double cab 5.7 SR5 4x4 w/ tow pkg. It came with a few dealer "extras" too: Spray-in bedliner, tinted windows, homelink mirror w/ backup camera, all weather mats (took them out and put husky liners in). I got a killer deal on trade for my taco. Ironically, about two weeks ago I got a postcard from my local toyota dealer advertising to buy back my taco. I guess they didn't check their records to see my old taco was already on their lot lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
LatitudeDancer is on a distinguished road
LatitudeDancer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUGrad05 View Post
Crewmax's are nice but I just couldn't see myself with a that short of a bed...
That's the only complaint you really hear about. There's not that many people disappointed with the DC over CM. Many even shove multiple offspring (some requiring child seats) back there just fine. It's still big.

For sure get the 5.7. Way more power and hardly any MPG difference.

DO NOT get a flex-fuel Tundra. Here is a great sub-forum discussing Tundra issues:
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...e-maintenance/

This is kind of the main thread on why not to get a flex-fuel Tundra:
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...ts-solved.html

Toyota recently (last week or so) released a TSB regarding the issue these rides are having.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
So Tundra people, anything I should look out for on the new Tundras? Any issues I need to worry about? I know I know Toyotas are flawless no problems blah blah lol. Contemplating pulling the trigger on a 2013 double cab 4wd TRD OR. My 09 Taco is paid off and I have no issues with it so I certainly don't need to unload it. Might see if they will come down some more on price if not I'll probably just hold on to the Taco.
A co-worker had his for 20k miles and the tranny failed catastrophically. He now drives an F250. Not sure if he just got lucky.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I think they're all flex fuel now. When i bought my '13, all they had on the lot were flex fuel models. Hopefully I don't have any issues with mine. I have a little under 2k miles on mine so far.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Mine isn't flex fuel. Not sure if any of the others they had on the lot were.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #10
LatitudeDancer is on a distinguished road
LatitudeDancer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I think they're all flex fuel now. When i bought my '13, all they had on the lot were flex fuel models. Hopefully I don't have any issues with mine. I have a little under 2k miles on mine so far.
Just make sure next time you're at the dealer for an oil change, etc it's up to par as far as the new TSB is concerned...that your ECU/ECM is flashed with the newest firmware.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Tundra...so much more room in the interior..loud sound of a V8...the get up and go..dual climate controls..the list goes on. I traded in my 08 DCSB O/R for it.