View Poll Results: Like the new scoop?
I LOVE it! 21 6.82%
I kinda like it. 49 15.91%
I don't care either way 39 12.66%
It's a little much... 106 34.42%
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Kill it out of Mercy. 93 30.19%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #41
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Quote:
The chrome grille has a taller, bolder look visually connecting the upper intake to the lower bumper.
It says the intake is connected to the lower bumper, not the upper scoop.

I think the scoop is the perfect size and location for a 40" LED light bar, not a Knight Rider bar. A clean install with good LEDs might actually look pretty bad-ass and actually be in a functional spot.
Sentence structure failure.
The "taller, bolder" grille VISUALLY CONNECTS the upper intake to the lower bumper.

Should have just said "The chrome grille has a taller, bolder look between the upper intake and the lower bumper."

Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
At first glance it favors the Honda Truck to me?
It would have to grow on me.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #43
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
i remember people disliked the front end of the refresh on the tacomas. i was one of them. now i have a 13 and i think it looks way better than the old front end. it grows on you the more you look at it. i think its gonna be the same for the tundra and the 4r. as for the scoop...meh lol.
2nd Gen never bothered me.
I didn't much care for the 2001 1st Gen facelift.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #44
Master
pikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
pikachu's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Holy plankton swallower! No thanks!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #45
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
Holy plankton swallower! No thanks!

LOL!!!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #46
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Current tundras look like ass. They can only go up from here.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #47
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I think I have seriously gotten to the point in my life where I care zero for how a truck looks and only care about it's reliability and performance, followed up by how comfortable it is to drive. I've lost all brand loyalty. It could look like a steaming pile and I'd still drive it if it could tow 12klbs, would last 300k+ without serious internal engine repair and made my tooshy feel spectacular. I think the tundra meets all of those qualities (as long as the frame rust issues are resolved).
Old 06-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #48
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeven View Post
I think I have seriously gotten to the point in my life where I care zero for how a truck looks and only care about it's reliability and performance, followed up by how comfortable it is to drive. I've lost all brand loyalty. It could look like a steaming pile and I'd still drive it if it could tow 12klbs, would last 300k+ without serious internal engine repair and made my tooshy feel spectacular. I think the tundra meets all of those qualities (as long as the frame rust issues are resolved).
Valid argument. Many people are deterred by looks. That's why I bought my truck when it came up for a good price. Yeah the 98-00 grille is odd and isn't particularly good looking but things like color and grille style don't bother me as much if I can get superior reliability and performance
Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #49
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
Mehhhh... It's not horrible, but it'd definitely not be a selling point for me if I were looking for a tundra.

Same feelings here. Looking at new trucks and its not a game ender, but I dont like it.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #50
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeven View Post
My sentiments exactly. I'm not a big fan of the new front end, but I can certainly deal with it. I'm waiting for them to hit the streets and am planning to dump my Taco for a '14 DC Tundra. There are portions of my '11 Tacoma that I don't care for design-wise, but I live with them.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #51
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
LOL!!!

That sucks so much, makes me think of a Dodge Ram.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #52

Saw one today with the grille surround painted out.
That, I can live with. Stock, it's just too much chrome.
Thankfully, the 2014 has a colormatched option.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #53
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
That sucks so much, makes me think of a Dodge Ram.
whats wrong with a Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Saw one today with the grille surround painted out.
That, I can live with. Stock, it's just too much chrome.
Thankfully, the 2014 has a colormatched option.
They don't sell them yet do they?
Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
whats wrong with a Ram
It's a Cry-sler product.
Quote:
Not yet.
http://fleet.toyota.com/availability.asp
Dealers could begin placing fleet orders last month... May 1st.
Pricing won't be announced until August, so expect deliveries in August.

Model year 2013 Tacoma is done... no more orders. Orders for the '14 Tacoma opened up this month.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #55
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
It's a Cry-sler product.
The two "Cry-sler" trucks my dad has owned have been the most trouble free. Unlike the 3 Fords back in the 90's which all had problems ,one of which was the indestructible 7.3 but it had the torque converter go out. (I wish he would of got that fixed instead of selling it and I somehow end up with it and the Taco.)

Our current "Cry-sler product" has had zero problems, unlike the 2011 Sonata.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
Da Fuk is that?
Old 07-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #57
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
whats wrong with a Ram

Nothing? Just their style.. I dont know why car companies copy styles so much instead of distinguishing themselves.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
CAD6
Sbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Scott
Sbh87's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the 1794 edition

Old 07-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #59
Trying to save the manuals
Smudgey is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
Smudgey's Tacoma Gallery
The front of the new Tundra reminds me of a baleen whale. However, I feel like the rear end is a big improvement of the current model.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #60
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
whoever mentioned placement for LED bar, the first thing I thought of when I saw the "scoop" was how well a 40" rigid SR would fit in there. My guess is it would be pretty damn functional too, being that high up, it'd throw pretty far, w/ out the worry of hood glare.

That being said, how can you beat a 50 on the roof? by having both lol