View Poll Results: Like the new scoop?
I LOVE it! 21 6.82%
I kinda like it. 49 15.91%
I don't care either way 39 12.66%
It's a little much... 106 34.42%
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Kill it out of Mercy. 93 30.19%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #81
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKJC View Post
Me thinks it's sexy.
from the side i think its better

from the front its like the beer goggles just wore off

thats not what it took home! lol
Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #82
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Title says it all. This is a big scoop. Like it? I personally think it looks like a vacuum cleaner, but I'm wondering what the masses think.

Ehrmahgerd! Skewper!!!

I dunno. It'd have potential if the scoop was functional. But looking at the photo of the open hood, it looks like the radiator'd get in the way of even fabbing something up for a ram air...
Dunno. I guess I'll have to see it in person.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #84
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
If you gouge out your eyeballs it looks cooler.
FTFY
Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #85
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
FTFY
Too funny man. The back looks much better than the old bodg style but I cant figure out what the hell they were thinkin for the front.

How do you spend millions of dollars designing something and nobody point out or catch that its ugly as sin. The poll on here shows the results I would expect.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #86
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
They plan these styling progressions out decades ahead.
Look at the Tacoma. The 12+ grille has a similar shape to the '14 Tundra shape.
The 1st Gen 2001 facelift incorporated some of the feel of the 2nd gen shape.

Part of it is "corporate identity"... where you can look at a vehicle, even a new model, and you know who made it without seeing the badge, because it shares some styling aspects with other vehicles in the lineup.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #87
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't like them at all until I drove one. I would definately get one if it got better than 13 mpgs...
Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #88
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
Too funny man. The back looks much better than the old bodg style but I cant figure out what the hell they were thinkin for the front.

How do you spend millions of dollars designing something and nobody point out or catch that its ugly as sin. The poll on here shows the results I would expect.
Maybe it's like the story of the blind men and the elephant; they've got one guy designing the grill, one guy designing the fenders, one guy designs the bed, etc....

And none of them talk to each other.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #89
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrob1 View Post
Didn't like them at all until I drove one. I would definately get one if it got better than 13 mpgs...
My fuel economy isn't much worse than it was with my Taco. Granted not a fair comparison since the Taco was lifted and had Duratracs.

While I still don't like the 14's they don't look nearly as bad in person IMO. My local dealer has a red TRD double cab that I stopped to look at for shits and giggles. Didn't look terrible. Still don't like the grille. Really liked what they did with the interior, though. I am envious of that.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #90
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrob1 View Post
13?
13 is all that shit gets!?!?! Shouldn't Toyota's get good MPG??

I would probably just get a new Ram with the 5.7 and get around 18/19 if that is all the Tundra gets.
Dafuq is this? The 1990's again? My uncles 1997 2500 Silverado with a 454 big block got around that number.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #91
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
They're rated at 13 hwy 17 city. I get slightly better city mileage and the 17 is spot on for hwy. If you can stay the speed limit I've seen 18. My running average is 16.8 in mixed driving, skewed a little more towards highway.

The new 6.2 420hp engine in the new Sierra/Silverado is rated at 20 hwy (21 with 2wd) so Toyota could use a little updating to the 5.7. It's got plenty of power but could use a little more efficiency.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #92
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
Saw one in person today. It's not awful and I think it'll grow on me in time.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbyu2 View Post
Saw one in person today. It's not awful and I think it'll grow on me in time.
i saw it in person as well. the front is super flat, and the model with the black grill is not terrible. but the chrome, i still think is hidious!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #94
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
If I bought one I would have to put a lightbar in that skewp
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #95
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
No copying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
It's so FORD!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I think it's a good place to put Knight Rider lights.
Will one of these fit in there?

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/93131
Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #96
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Not a Fan but this one looks alright. Black out the headlights and i wonder..

Old 12-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #97
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman597 View Post
Not a Fan but this one looks alright. Black out the headlights and i wonder..

Honestly? That's AWESOME looking. I'd take that in a heartbeat.. the chrome makes it look like its had a really bad cold and it's nostrils are enlarged, enflamed and irritated.

I too saw one in person recently and it wasn't as bad as the pics. Maybe it will grow on me too, it does look more aggressive than the older ones. Hopefully the aftermarket gods will decide to make that snout breath for real.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #98
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
13?
13 is all that shit gets!?!?! Shouldn't Toyota's get good MPG??

I would probably just get a new Ram with the 5.7 and get around 18/19 if that is all the Tundra gets.
Dafuq is this? The 1990's again? My uncles 1997 2500 Silverado with a 454 big block got around that number.
My 1990 F350 dually diesel long bed crew cab got better mileage...

The difference of course is emissions. The new ones probably fart evergreen seeds. The old one left an oil refinery stain everywhere it went.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #99
pabl0 is on a distinguished road
pabl0's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I thought the same the 2014 looked awful, I was looking for a 2013 or earlier model and thought I spotted one by the Toyota dealership that's down the street from me, It was late afternoon and dark, so I went in the lot and it was a 2014, then the sales guy says he some 2013's in the back lot, so I go look with him and there's no 2013's, but 2 more 2014's 1 is a DC with TRD Off Road package, he convinced me too take it for a test drive and it was really nice inside, compared to my 2009 Tacoma X-Runner, and then looking at the truck up close the new design kinda grew on me, I'm still not a fan of the big ass front grill, maybe if its all black and not a bright chrome grill that I could bbq steaks on. Of course I left it at that, and now the sales guy is getting annoying calling me up ever 2nd day, I am interested because the 2014's are cheaper than the 2013 and 2012 Tundra's that are selling for around here. But the annoying sales guy is last on my list of dealerships to deal with. I am talking to other Toyota dealers and whomever gives me the best deal and what my firm price with the trade in,will win. If I don't get the price, I want for both trucks, I'll keep the X-Runner. But so far another dealer is asking approximately $1,600. above what I'm willing too pay, but then he's trying too low ball me on the trade in. So who knows, there maybe a 2014 Tundra in my Christmas.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #100
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Saw one too...

Saw one at work today. Looks like you can fit a 40" light bar in there.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tundra "Super Skewper". Like it?-img_4759.jpg