Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Looking for a new Tundra Rock Warrior - eastern half

Old 06-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
KaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a new Tundra Rock Warrior - eastern half

Hey guys, so it looks like I'll hopefully have my Tacoma gone this week. I've been anticipating getting a 2013 Tundra (Grade) CrewMax 4x4 Rock Warrior - preferred specs would be Magnetic Gray with Black Interior.

The primary reasoning for the Rock Warrior is the color matched panels (I despise chrome), wheels, and tires. The added price ontop of the Off-Road covers the cost of the tires I'd end up upgrading myself anyways. So it's justified in my mind.

Problem is, I live in VA which is Central Atlantic (CAT) region. Apparently (according to the unhelpful sales person) there aren't any in this region at all, nor will there be any coming in. (Production has stopped in favor for the 2014).

I'm getting employee pricing so I can't special order one.

Can anyone help me find one NEW somewhere on the eastern half of the US. Toyota's inventory listing (buyatoyota.com) is horrible at trying to find something specific.

I'm willing to go with Black exterior as well, but really want to keep black interior.

Thanks for the assistance!

p.s. As an alternative, has anyone heard anything further about option packages for the 2014 models, will there be anything similar to a RW package or is it just Off-Road? I'm willing to hold out if there's something with minimum chrome.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
a few up my way binghamton ny, endicott ny, or scranton pa.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
There's a black one at pinehurst toyota in NC. It's very nice. Almost got it myself. Just google them and call over there talk to Javier he's a good dude.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
KaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys - looking into those options.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #5

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Also, South-East region, what's up with those XSP models. Who wants hideous 20" rims?!? Half the reason I'm looking at the Rock Warrior is to get the rim size down (17").
Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
tonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Intel - Retired
tonto340's Tacoma Gallery
Koons Ananpolis has magnetic grey with black interior. http://www.koons.com/
Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #7

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto340 View Post
Koons Ananpolis has magnetic grey with black interior. http://www.koons.com/
Awesome! Thanks, thier site is much easier to use. Also screw you Orisman Toyota - nothing but liars.

The only Mag Gray is a dbl cab, but they have 3 Black crew max. Looks like I have options again!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
How's the search going?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #9

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
How's the search going?
Completed - thanks ended up getting one at Koons

Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
tonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of light
Now go join tundratalk.net and see how the people can help you spend your money.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm on tundratalk.net. It's no TW but a close second. I just got me a set of those LED DTRL's that come on the xsp tundra. Can't wait to install..
Old 07-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
But anyways nice looking truck. I need rims baddddddd. I hate the stock rims.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #13

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys - I'm already over there as well (same user name). Already ordered Weathertech and the Info Gauge buttons. I like a lot of what's already there (hence the reasoning for the RW package). Though I did get stuck without deck rails, and a non-rail bed liner. I want the rails and don't want the bed-liner (opt for spray-in instead).

Anyone want a brand new non-rail bedliner for SB? haha.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
If you buy the Toyota rail system, the included instructions tell you how to notch the factory liner. http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT278-34071inst.pdf
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #15

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto340 View Post
If you buy the Toyota rail system, the included instructions tell you how to notch the factory liner. http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT278-34071inst.pdf
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I knew you could still trim it, but didn't realize it already has the markings and all in it (making it even easier). I'd still prefer a spray-in, but might do the alteration for the time-being until I get around to doing the spray-in.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
I love the rims on the RW. wish they were 18's.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
love the wheels
Old 07-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
rockwarrior is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
rockwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Selling a Rock Warrior will give someone a good deal it's a nice truck

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3952355006.html
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #19

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwarrior View Post
Selling a Rock Warrior will give someone a good deal it's a nice truck

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3952355006.html
Damn, wish I'd know this before I bought mine I would have scooped that up immediatly. Though its a Dbl cab and not CrewMax.. but a good nights sleep to mull it over would have had me down there the next day
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #20

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
I love the rims on the RW. wish they were 18's.
I actually preferred them specifically because they weren't 18's.