LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Autoblog 2014 Tundra Review-Not Pretty

Old 07-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
Autoblog 2014 Tundra Review-Not Pretty

Wow, although Autoblog didn't torch the new Tundra it sure belittled it. Title of the article is "2014 Toyota Tundra: Raising a White Flag to the Competition."

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/07/30/201..._river_article
Old 07-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't AB the same place that shit on the Tacoma cuz the guy didn't know how to use the bed cleats?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Makes sense...Toyota does these little changes and calls it a refreshed model...while other companies are actually makes strides to improve their products.
x2, this is one of the things people complain about with the Tacoma also. Models seem to stick around, unchanged, for an overly long period of time.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra ain't Toyota's bread and butter, like Ford's F-150, Chevy Silverado etc. What sells are Camry's and Prius. So offcourse Toyota is going to limit the amount of funds that goes to a truck that sells but doesn't sell well enough to throw cash at it for a total re-design.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
not changing it too much prolly makes them easier to work on/repair/swap parts, prolly makes building them easier too. So you don't have to change the whole production plant around. seems like the taco is in the same kinda boat too.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
For one they don't say that anything is wrong with the Trucks as they are; it just states that the other companys are doing more to improve there lines. It could mean that Toyota came out with a winner to begin with and with a weal economy it would stand to reason that you wouldn't sell as many units, and not necessarily that your truck is suspect.
I think Toyota mad a wise move for the times we are living in. Best wait for more folks to have more money to spend before you as a company spend your Bank.

I have owned two Tacoma's now and loved each and evryone of them. ANd I think that they made some wonderful improvements over the years since I purchased my 94' extended cab
Old 07-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
not changing it too much prolly makes them easier to work on/repair/swap parts, prolly makes building them easier too. So you don't have to change the whole production plant around. seems like the taco is in the same boat too.
Agreed. But u can count on a new Ford F-150 every other year with serious upgrades while the Tundra has seen little upgrades over all these years. I love the Tundra don't get me wrong, but it is frustrating to know that I could spend my money on a Ford/Chevy that has seen some serious consideration to be THE BEST in their segment. Maybe they would get more buyers if they actually devoted more resources. I don't know. But I will in fact state that I have never purchased a Tundra on exactly this reason. I just don't think Toyota cares enough about it. So I will stick with my Tacoma until I decide I want something different. Because I LOVE my Taco!!! But man that Raptor teases me every single time I see it!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I like how "thorough" the article is, consisting of a few sentences, looks legit to me.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #10
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
The new tundra looks better than the last generation but if Toyota wants serious presence they need a diesel HD tundra to take the marker by storm
Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
ElTacoCaliente will become famous soon enoughElTacoCaliente will become famous soon enough
ElTacoCaliente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
The new tundra looks better than the last generation but if Toyota wants serious presence they need a diesel HD tundra to take the marker by storm
I'd agree with this- if Toyota made a 3/4 ton (8 lug) diesel truck, based off a redesign of the Tundra, I bet it would sell quite well!!!! Look at how many Duramax, Cummins, and Powerstroke trucks you see around! (around here, each of these diesels individually outnumber Tundras significantly)
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoCaliente View Post
I'd agree with this- if Toyota made a 3/4 ton (8 lug) diesel truck, based off a redesign of the Tundra, I bet it would sell quite well!!!! Look at how many Duramax, Cummins, and Powerstroke trucks you see around! (around here, each of these diesels individually outnumber Tundras significantly)
Exactly if it were a diesel I bet Toyota would own ford and Chevy and make them crap themselves because of how reliable Toyota diesels are
Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #13
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the "TUNDRA" on the tailgate
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
That truck looks like an f150.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I like how "thorough" the article is, consisting of a few sentences, looks legit to me.
Click the "next" arrow on the right side of the page. It'll bring you to more sentences about the Tundra... and so on.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
taco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
taco206's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty nice, at least better than the second gen. I like this quote.

"The first engine, displacing 4.6 liters, is rated at 310 horsepower and 327 pound-feet of torque. It's a nice powerplant, but we'd recommend giving up a couple MPG for the larger 5.7-liter V8, rated at 381 horsepower and 401 pound-feet of torque"

Why do they recommend everyone to get a motor thats less efficient on gas, youll get to Costco or Sams Club one way or another so who cares. Most 5.7L owners don't do anything with their trucks so just get the V6, honestly, I outwork most in my work 4 cylinder Tacoma.

Also, a 3/4 ton Tundra will never compete in this market. The Duramax diesel is already pushing 15 years in service, Cummins is going strong too. Ford 6.7L powerstroke is new and jury is out. And you expect Toyota to jump right in with a new truck and motor (yes it would be new, they wont bring a 5L 4 cylinder from a Hino) and draw buyers away from domestic diesel 3/4 tons?

What I think would really shake up the pick up truck world would be a 6 cylinder turbo diesel in the current Tundra. No other manufacturer is doing it, so why not get in first? I drive a 2011 Sprinter for work with the 3.0 diesel and it impresses more and more each time I do something with it. I have towed 15k with it and pulled good, and it drives just as good with 5k in the van compared to when its empty.

Im just getting really sick of the current truck BS, manufacturers trying to 1 up each other with gas HP specs, who really cares if a 3.5L twin turbo F150 has 365 HP, give me a 220HP 3.5L turbo diesel V6. I would be perfectly content with having the "weakest" truck on the block.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMEGGA View Post
Agreed. But u can count on a new Ford F-150 every other year with serious upgrades while the Tundra has seen little upgrades over all these years. I love the Tundra don't get me wrong, but it is frustrating to know that I could spend my money on a Ford/Chevy that has seen some serious consideration to be THE BEST in their segment. Maybe they would get more buyers if they actually devoted more resources. I don't know. But I will in fact state that I have never purchased a Tundra on exactly this reason. I just don't think Toyota cares enough about it. So I will stick with my Tacoma until I decide I want something different. Because I LOVE my Taco!!! But man that Raptor teases me every single time I see it!!!

so you would rather buy a brand new ford or chevy that way next year they come out with a better one after you bought in? The last MAJOR redesign I remember for ford was around 2004 for the f150's everything else is just updates isnt it? I mean they are still running same suspension and frame etc, maybe if their motors werent such crap in the beginning they wouldnt need to update them every year. I personally like a vehicle that sticks around for some amount of time with no major drivetrain changes thereby making the part you need a 1 year only or in fords case sometimes a one model only part.

Now that I have said that, do I like the 2014 tundra? not really I thought toyota dropped the ball when they made the tacoma bigger in 05 and stopped making a real compact truck, then 07 rolls around and they make the tundra super sized as well.... I would like to have seen a small tacoma (04 sized with some updates) a 1st gen tundra sized new tundra with updates, and if they really wanted to dabble in the full size market a 1/2-3/4-1 ton truck with all new name and run their world engines in it (straight 6 base motor,small v8,large v8 and possibly 2 diesels light duty 4.5v8 they have already and the HD optional Hino derived diesel for 1 ton or chassis cab only etc)