Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

2014 tundra vs. ford ecoboost

Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #41
taco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
taco206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
FWIW I know numerous people with them who love them and have had no issues. Lets be real, if Toyota did the same thing and had some new engine that they claimed was best everyone here would be swooning over it lol. Besides, the Ecoboost isn't really "new" the 3.5L Ecoboost itself has been around for 7 years. It's not like all the other engines in the segment have been around forever. Toyota's 5.7L is only a year older, the engines in the new GM trucks while sharing the same displacement are new this year. The 5.6 in the Titan has been around the longest with no changes. The Ram Hemi has been around nearly a decade with a few tweaks.
My dad's 2005 Sierra diesel has 131k+ hard use miles. Tow 7500-15000 pounds regularly. Never been at the dealer, no check engine lights ever, original batteries, no exterior lights have even burned out, Allison 1000 is top notch still, passes emissions every time. Top grade SLT model and no electronics have failed. It's been in the coldest conditions (-40F) and hottest (110F) while towing loads. I can say its had no real issues (electrical or mechanical). Let's get your friends 15k mile grocery runners near this type of use (relatively speaking) before saying they have "no issues". Until then, I stand by my original statement, new Fords are shit.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #42
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONALL4 View Post
Most genuine Toyota parts are more expensive than motorcraft parts and the big 3 cost of labour are way more than Japanese car manufacturer labour they have to support the old union benefit retiree.

I had 99 F150 and 04 F150 below 200K KM or 125K miles already galore of issues from ball joints, front end, misfire, power steering & rear diff leak, tranny rebuilt, brake cable seizing and shit man electronic...fu(k the dash light would go off while you were driving. My 04 Taco not a single issue at 240K KM. No comparison in the quality of the parts. oh this reminds me I need to replace the alternator on my 98 mustang GT shit! I kept buying used fords cause they dirt cheap
sounds like my 2001. Ford ball joints suck. One dealer told I was lucky to get to 40k. Here is my list prior to 90k: roof repainted, lower ball joints, dash paint peeling, cup holder, coil, plugs twice, spit a plug, fuel pump, intake gasket, 4 sets of front breaks, 4 sets of tires. Plugs were supposed to be 100k platinum's. No way you could leave them in that long with crappy design.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #43
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Commercial for the Ecoboost, spokesmodel talks about performance and how her friends with BMWs are jealous.

The 2.0 gets 20mpg.
My 2.7 gets 24.
ya but your 5lug car is barely a truck. just saying cause you always post up about your fantastic mpg's. apples to grapefruits here.

my 5.0 reg cab f150 4x4 with a 2inch lift and 33's gets the same mpg on the hwy as my 4cyl tacoma with a 3 inch lift and 32's! would never have gotten the ecobust even if it had been an option in the reg cab, had toyota been more flexible or comparable at all in availability and price a reg cab tundra short bed woulda been nice.