Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

No Mas Taco

Old 08-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
No Mas Taco

I've been waiting for months to pick up the new 2014 Tundra when it comes out. That was however, right up until I learned a few days ago that Toyota was crapping all over my kind and discontinuing the color green after 2013. Good thing I noticed it now at least so I could take advantage of the current year-end sale that's over in three days. Made the deal two days ago (had to be retrieved from another dealer) and picked it up this morning.

2013 DC TRD/OR w/ 5.7L, tow package, nav radio w/ Entune (whatever the flock that is) in GREEN-

On top of getting a good deal on this rig, my Tacoma just rolled over 30K last week so that service is no longer my problem!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! You'll be much happy with the tundra. Well at least I am.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Nice! Loving that color!
My Taco was Timberland Mica so I'm a greener all the way. I was bummed when they switched to Spruce in 2012, but I've warmed up to it and really like it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Nice! You'll be much happy with the tundra. Well at least I am.
I think so too. The Tacoma was fine for a while, but the reality is that I need a full-size truck. To quote some guy I was discussing Tundras with in a parking lot: "You reach a point in life where you just want more comfort and space". I'd say I've reached that point.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man. I have a crewmax and a couple guys from work all said they think my back seat is bigger then there cars.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #6

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I looked in the back seat of a crewmax at the dealer and I swear you could put up a net and play tennis in that sucker. Insane amount of space back there!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
I've been waiting for months to pick up the new 2014 Tundra when it comes out. That was however, right up until I learned a few days ago that Toyota was crapping all over my kind and discontinuing the color green after 2013. Good thing I noticed it now at least so I could take advantage of the current year-end sale that's over in three days. Made the deal two days ago (had to be retrieved from another dealer) and picked it up this morning.
I just did the same thing, although for a cab/bed style rather than a color. I was waiting for a 2014, but they discontinued the regular cab short bed. I also grabbed a leftover 2013 and had it shipped from another dealer to get what i wanted. I like that Spruce Mica color a lot. You don't see many of them.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Nice brother. I traded in my Taco last year for one. I love the extra power.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Dirty trader!! JK. I've contemplated the Tundra route myself. A good friend of mine has that exact same truck, even the color. Its pretty nice.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #10

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Nice brother. I traded in my Taco last year for one. I love the extra power.
Yeah, the extra get-up-and-go is fantastic. I'm at day 5 of driving it and I've finally gotten to where I'm not taking off with a lurch from giving it too much gas. My dog appreciates not getting slammed around in the back seat too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Dirty trader!! JK. I've contemplated the Tundra route myself. A good friend of mine has that exact same truck, even the color. Its pretty nice.
If you're contemplating a Tundra, then you should stop giving Eric all your cash for Taco armor!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
If you're contemplating a Tundra, then you should stop giving Eric all your cash for Taco armor!
I didnt say I was going to get rid of the taco...
Although a half ton probably wouldnt suffice. I need at least a 3/4 ton.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck! I'm so happy to have a '13. Not really a fan of the '14. The extra power and room is so much nicer. When I would drive extended distances in my tacoma my right knee would ache. Now I actually fit in the seat!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
rotorwind is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
rotorwind's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I did the same traded the taco for a 13 tundra today.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwind View Post
Congrats!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
just traded my taco for one, love it so far! it rides so nice...
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
just traded my taco for one, love it so far! it rides so nice...
Yeah it sure does!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah it sure does!
its like sitting in a huge living room chair that drives over stuff and can burn through tires like its job..
Old 09-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #19

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
Nice looking truck! I'm so happy to have a '13. Not really a fan of the '14. The extra power and room is so much nicer. When I would drive extended distances in my tacoma my right knee would ache. Now I actually fit in the seat!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
its like sitting in a huge living room chair that drives over stuff and can burn through tires like its job..
Thanks! Ya, this is sooooo much more comfortable than the Taco. I also had joint issues driving it for any distance. I liked my old truck just fine, but the two don't even begin to compare when it comes to ride comfort. I should've done this a long time ago!