Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

BullyDog comes thru with some major power on a TRD supercharged Tundra!!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #1
bamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Keith
bamufflers's Tacoma Gallery
BullyDog comes thru with some major power on a TRD supercharged Tundra!!

Hello y'all. Just wanted to share some great news. After hearing many mixed reviews, and actually helping develop the 'trail tune' for Tundra's, I was in the position to put a BullyDog to the test today!! I installed my TRD supercharger (took 18hrs. but I did it all in 1 day!!) about 2 months ago, but have been just slammed with builds and haven't had time to dyno the truck since installing it. Also, I knew it was going to take about an hour to re-install the BullyDog since I had to update it to a supercharged tune. Well, I finally had the time so I installed the tuner last night and messed with a little, but didn't have a chance to really test it. This morning I came into the shop and changed the oil, downloaded the stock tune, and drove over to my buddy's dyno

Just a little background with the truck: I had it on the dyno just a couple weeks after I bought it. Bone stock non supercharged it threw down 319 to the rear wheels. Then I bolted on obx headers and BAmufflers true dual 2.5" exhaust with X pipe and it threw down 341. After that I helped JBA test fit their new Long Tubes for Tundra's and they gave me a set of headers for me to dyno test. Well I installed them and built a true dual 3" exhaust at which time the truck threw down 368 to the rear wheels. After helping develop the trail tune with BullyDog it threw down 375

Untitled by bamufflers, on Flickr
The TRD blower bumped up the HP to 445!!!!!!!!!

Untitled by bamufflers, on Flickr
But most impressive of all, the BullyDog 93 tune bumped it up to an astonishing 534 to the rear wheels!!!

BullyDog increases HP on a 5.7 Supercharged Tundra by 90HP!! by bamufflers, on Flickr

I've also documented these gains here (gains brought on by the BullyDog):
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...d-tundras.html

Highly recommended to anyone on the fence!!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you have a supercharger and can tune it then you will get that kind of power but stock with a tuner nothing will happen.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
bamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shedbamufflers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Agreed. I've dyno'd a stock tundra with bullydog and it actually lost power. I highly recommend a Hypertech if you're runnin stock manifolds/cats. But with full race exhaust and or supercharger BullyDog is the only way to go
Old 02-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
http://tundras.com
Keith! You need to come on over to the new tundra site Bob set up for us. Tundras.com and post that whole article you wrote on exhaust. On choosing between single, duals and so on. Come on over bud!

Also we need to get coachbuider to come over there too!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
http://tundras.com
Keith! You need to come on over to the new tundra site Bob set up for us. Tundras.com and post that whole article you wrote on exhaust. On choosing between single, duals and so on. Come on over bud!

Also we need to get coachbuider to come over there too!
Sounds awesome!! I'll have to come over and check it out.