Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

1st Gen Tundra General Questions

Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Tundra General Questions

I bought a 2005 Tundra Limited Stepside Access Cab 4WD a few days ago (It's messed up with 33x12.50x16.5 inch tires on it, so that may relate to 1. below). Been going through it and the Owners Manual, have some questions, any help will be appreciated:

1. VSC. The owners manual says a "VSC OFF" light should light up on the dashboard when the ignition key is in the "ON" position. I don't see it light up. It also should come on when engaging 4HI or 4LO, it doesn't light up.
A. So who among you DOES see it light up, and what is your truck configuration?
B. If you DO SEE the "VSC OFF" light displayed in 4HI or 4LO, does it actually disengage the VSC brake and engine controls (I believe the engine control is called TRAC on the Gen 1 Tundra)?
C. "Zero Point Calibration". Is this the solution to getting the "VSC OFF" to work correctly?

2. LSD. The owners manual says there should be an "Auto LSD" button directly to the left of the 4HI/4LO switch. Mine doesn't have said button, but I do have a rear diff with an LSD sticker on it.
A. So who among you DOES have an "Auto LSD" button, and what is your truck configuration?

3. 115V AC outlet. The owners manual mentions an AC outlet behind the front console, with a button on the dash to power it. Mine doesn't have the outlet nor the button.
A. So who among you DOES have a 115V AC outlet, and what is your truck configuration?
B. If you have said 115V AC outlet, where is the inverter located?

Thanks . . . .