Made the Jump

Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #1
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Made the Jump

Well,

After the wreck in the Tacoma and with my wife and I expecting our first, we decided it was time to jump up to the bigger truck.

Over the last two years I had big grand plans for my Tacoma and then I realized that I never get out and wheel anymore and what I needed from a vehicle was changing quickly.

Enter the new vehicle:

2014 4x4, SR5, Double Cab, SSM and Black interior Tundra. Honestly, I couldn't be happier. Drives and rides like a champ, great power, PLENTY of room in the double cab. And I'm glad that, even in the gulf states region, I was able to score an SR5 rather than a TSS package.

I'll send it in to get some window tint put on it this week, since it's always super hot in Oklahoma, and I'll need to find a decent set of side steps for my pregnant wife.

Down the road I'll look at swapping the wheels and after I wear out these tires maybe I'll get something a bit more aggressive, but that'll probably be it!

For what it does, it's a great vehicle and I'm happy to be staying in the Toyota family.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I would keep things simple with the big truck, especially if it’s primarily a family vehicle. Rides nice and does what you need it to do, things like lifts and bigger tires will just take from the truck. I mean it may look beefier, but quality of ride and handling will just go downhill. Had a friend of mine with a Tundra go all out buying high end suspension and 35” tires. Truck looks amazing, but after all said and done he misses the way it drove when it was stock.

Enjoy that Tundra
Old 08-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
taco black is on a distinguished road
taco black's Tacoma Gallery
lifting a tundra does not affect the ride any where neer as bad as it does to the tacoma. after lifting my 14 tundra with toytec coilovers and coachbuilder shackles with 5100 in the reaaar my truck was better then stock in every way. then i changed the tires to 295 60 20 toyo atII, the ride stiffened a bit after that but still much better then stock overall. ride is not as smooth with the new tires but the handling and feel of the truck is greatly improved.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats...... Glad ur all ok