1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BullyDog comes thru with some major power on a TRD supercharged Tundra!!

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by bamufflers, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Feb 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    bamufflers

bamufflers [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Escondido
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5
    DirtyDeedsIndustries long travel, King coil overs with King bypass up front. 3X16 triple bypass kings out back to dampen the Deaver SUA pack. Long tube headers with full race exhaust system. Too much to list.
    Hello y'all. Just wanted to share some great news. After hearing many mixed reviews, and actually helping develop the 'trail tune' for Tundra's, I was in the position to put a BullyDog to the test today!! I installed my TRD supercharger (took 18hrs. but I did it all in 1 day!!) about 2 months ago, but have been just slammed with builds and haven't had time to dyno the truck since installing it. Also, I knew it was going to take about an hour to re-install the BullyDog since I had to update it to a supercharged tune. Well, I finally had the time so I installed the tuner last night and messed with a little, but didn't have a chance to really test it. This morning I came into the shop and changed the oil, downloaded the stock tune, and drove over to my buddy's dyno:D

Just a little background with the truck: I had it on the dyno just a couple weeks after I bought it. Bone stock non supercharged it threw down 319 to the rear wheels. Then I bolted on obx headers and BAmufflers true dual 2.5" exhaust with X pipe and it threw down 341. After that I helped JBA test fit their new Long Tubes for Tundra's and they gave me a set of headers for me to dyno test. Well I installed them and built a true dual 3" exhaust at which time the truck threw down 368 to the rear wheels. After helping develop the trail tune with BullyDog it threw down 375

[​IMG]
    Untitled by bamufflers, on Flickr
    The TRD blower bumped up the HP to 445!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Untitled by bamufflers, on Flickr
    But most impressive of all, the BullyDog 93 tune bumped it up to an astonishing 534 to the rear wheels!!!
    [​IMG]
    BullyDog increases HP on a 5.7 Supercharged Tundra by 90HP!! by bamufflers, on Flickr

I've also documented these gains here (gains brought on by the BullyDog):
    http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...bstantial-power-trd-supercharged-tundras.html

Highly recommended to anyone on the fence!!

2. Feb 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Well if you have a supercharger and can tune it then you will get that kind of power but stock with a tuner nothing will happen.

3. Feb 2, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    bamufflers

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Escondido
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5
    DirtyDeedsIndustries long travel, King coil overs with King bypass up front. 3X16 triple bypass kings out back to dampen the Deaver SUA pack. Long tube headers with full race exhaust system. Too much to list.
    Agreed. I've dyno'd a stock tundra with bullydog and it actually lost power. I highly recommend a Hypertech if you're runnin stock manifolds/cats. But with full race exhaust and or supercharger BullyDog is the only way to go;)

4. Feb 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Crewmax TSS Off-Road 4x4, sr5/leather
    http://tundras.com
    Keith! You need to come on over to the new tundra site Bob set up for us. Tundras.com and post that whole article you wrote on exhaust. On choosing between single, duals and so on. Come on over bud!

Also we need to get coachbuider to come over there too!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  5. Feb 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    bamufflers

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Escondido
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5
    Sounds awesome!! I'll have to come over and check it out.

To Top