Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD customer service

Old 09-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #41
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Drudging up some dead threads I see... Necropost!

That being said, FWIW, I trusted URD with my truck for 2.5 months to get the 2.7L supercharger together.

Haven't regretted it for a second, Gadget's good people and does top-notch work.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #42
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i got some headers from gadget, always returned my phone calls and emails. i will be ordering from them again. i would also recommend them.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #43
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
don't want to totally bash URD as I know many people have had good experiences but I have made multiple phone calls and emails about my order of the afe stage 2 si intake from them. Accidently did an e check which takes days to clear and i need it on friday at the latest, so that was my fault, but have still received no response...
Old 01-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #44
FIRTH4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
FIRTH4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
You should PM Gadget here before bashing the company. I haven't dealt with them yet but I plan on it. Check the list of vendors under forum list to see how to get a hold of Gadget. Hope this helps your issue.
He isn't bashing anyone, simply relaying his experience.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #45
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
don't want to totally bash URD as I know many people have had good experiences but I have made multiple phone calls and emails about my order of the afe stage 2 si intake from them. Accidently did an e check which takes days to clear and i need it on friday at the latest, so that was my fault, but have still received no response...
Over the holidays? Gadget is entitled to time off just like everyone else...
Old 01-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #46
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There are some small vendor's on TW that provide a very specialized product or service that cannot be replicated elsewhere. These are typically individuals with a great passion for this community and should be treated with some respect for what they do for us.

I have dealt with several of them (Gadget being one of them) and have found their customer service to be excellent. Even to the point of talking me out of a purchase because it was not a suitable application for for my needs.

In this day in age when customer service has gone to shit and I could hire a 5 year with an internet connection to get better information then walking into about 95% of our big box retailers I would think twice before publicly bashing a vendor that it as well respected as Gadget.

If your looking for real knowledge for a unique application and have a little patience you will not be let down. However, it your trigger happy and expect immediate satisfaction to your every impulse you might want to look elsewhere.

Please set realistic expectation when dealing with such small vendors.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #47
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyd182 View Post
There are some small vendor's on TW that provide a very specialized product or service that cannot be replicated elsewhere. These are typically individuals with a great passion for this community and should be treated with some respect for what they do for us.

I have dealt with several of them (Gadget being one of them) and have found their customer service to be excellent. Even to the point of talking me out of a purchase because it was not a suitable application for for my needs.

In this day in age when customer service has gone to shit and I could hire a 5 year with an internet connection to get better information then walking into about 95% of our big box retailers I would think twice before publicly bashing a vendor that it as well respected as Gadget.

If your looking for real knowledge for a unique application and have a little patience you will not be let down. However, it your trigger happy and expect immediate satisfaction to your every impulse you might want to look elsewhere.

Please set realistic expectation when dealing with such small vendors.
well, man, for all the praise that everyone has given them for their outstanding customer service, I was expecting the same. and yes i realize it was a holiday and I yes I made the original mistake which has led to this, but after 72 hours i figured to get some sort of response. Doesn't mean he has to drive down to the shop on new years eve at midnight to do what i want, just any sign of a response.

Also i am entitled to my own opinion (which was not overtly disgruntled or ignorant) and it's people like you on this forum that piss people off. I understand what you are saying totally, but instead of coming on and giving me an Obama like speech you could've just read the previous posts in the thread and seen this sort of thing didn't do any good. Also the intake is not a "specialized product" its made by AFE and I could've gotten in from their website, summit, or an infinite number of other sites. URD didn't have the best price either, I gave them my business for the sake of supporting them since they support us but good one dude...
Old 01-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #48
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
"People like me piss you off"?

You sound like an easily angered person and posting negative information about a business is basically holding a sign on the street corner.

Good day to you
Old 01-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #49
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
well, man, for all the praise that everyone has given them for their outstanding customer service, I was expecting the same. and yes i realize it was a holiday and I yes I made the original mistake which has led to this, but after 72 hours i figured to get some sort of response. Doesn't mean he has to drive down to the shop on new years eve at midnight to do what i want, just any sign of a response.

Also i am entitled to my own opinion (which was not overtly disgruntled or ignorant) and it's people like you on this forum that piss people off. I understand what you are saying totally, but instead of coming on and giving me an Obama like speech you could've just read the previous posts in the thread and seen this sort of thing didn't do any good. Also the intake is not a "specialized product" its made by AFE and I could've gotten in from their website, summit, or an infinite number of other sites. URD didn't have the best price either, I gave them my business for the sake of supporting them since they support us but good one dude...
Three days over a holiday weekend?? You are pretty unrealistic in having a complaint at this point. You are welcome to be as demanding as you want- but expect to have people tell you that you are being unreasonable.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Three days over a holiday weekend?? You are pretty unrealistic in having a complaint at this point. You are welcome to be as demanding as you want- but expect to have people tell you that you are being unreasonable.
X2 idk about you but I had two 4 day weekends in a row. Your complaint is shallow and pedantic, gus
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
I called and got a hold of him first time no problems. He even did not have the item on his page went back to his shelf and dug the part up I was looking for that he had a couple of but were no longer available. Ill be buying from him again.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #52

this is unbelievable. I get on TW with questions, offer input or advice and I never bash anyone or knock anyone and my original comment was not in any way condesending or overtly rude etc. Yet this is the responses i get as if i was going out of my way to destroy the guys reputation and defile his business/name in any way possible hahaha. Its great that you all are defending him which is an obvious sign of customer loyalty and appreciation and thus was the reason why I gave my business to him in the first place. This post and the previous are not even having anything to do with gadget/URD anymore its just about defending myself for expressing a simple statement. I just feel bad now that my reputation on TW as been tarnished over this, and that my first argument over ANYTHING on here has to be over my moral character or patience but its just the internet so o well
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #53
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this is unbelievable. I get on TW with questions, offer input or advice and I never bash anyone or knock anyone and my original comment was not in any way condesending or overtly rude etc. Yet this is the responses i get as if i was going out of my way to destroy the guys reputation and defile his business/name in any way possible hahaha. Its great that you all are defending him which is an obvious sign of customer loyalty and appreciation and thus was the reason why I gave my business to him in the first place. This post and the previous are not even having anything to do with gadget/URD anymore its just about defending myself for expressing a simple statement. I just feel bad now that my reputation on TW as been tarnished over this, and that my first argument over ANYTHING on here has to be over my moral character or patience but its just the internet so o well
Fuck dude, I still love ya....who gives a shit about what half these assholes think around here anyway lol!

Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Fuck dude, I still love ya....who gives a shit about what half these assholes think around here anyway lol!

haha thanks man, but i'm not trying to add anymore fuel to the fire. Prob just gonna go and continue my day of watching great bowl games haha
Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #55
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha thanks man, but i'm not trying to add anymore fuel to the fire. Prob just gonna go and continue my day of watching great bowl games haha
atta boy

Have a good night man!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #56
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am sure you can understand that URD is not going to ship an order until it is paid for. You paid by eCheck and that is not scheduled to clear until the 5th.

You sent an email on Saturday at 3 PM and one Monday at 1:45 PM. Sorry, but URD is normally closed on Saturday and we are closed on Holidays especially when FedEx is closed. We can't ship so no point in being here.

As far as phone calls, I checked. I see ONE phone message from you left at 3 PM on a Holiday Monday and we were CLOSED.

I think your expectations are a little high. Try getting TRD to answer your emails and phone calls on a Holiday weekend.

I don't get the point of flaming URD on this forum because you can't get a hold of us when we are closed on a holiday.

Anyway, I would love to help you out. Give me a call when we are OPEN and I will see what can be done to help you out.

G
Old 01-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #57
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I really don't think this is flaming URD.
Just stating his experience so far. Not everyone knows the
schedules and lots of businesses are open during the holidays.

Many members have URD products and are very happy, a
simple search on tacomaworld will show this. That is why
URD can respond and explain the specific situation. I've
worked in customer service for years and lots of people
have unreasonable expectations, but those people often
are loyal and repeat customers if their problem is resolved
adequately.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #58
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Gadget I still luv u
Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
I am sure you can understand that URD is not going to ship an order until it is paid for. You paid by eCheck and that is not scheduled to clear until the 5th.

You sent an email on Saturday at 3 PM and one Monday at 1:45 PM. Sorry, but URD is normally closed on Saturday and we are closed on Holidays especially when FedEx is closed. We can't ship so no point in being here.

As far as phone calls, I checked. I see ONE phone message from you left at 3 PM on a Holiday Monday and we were CLOSED.

I think your expectations are a little high. Try getting TRD to answer your emails and phone calls on a Holiday weekend.

I don't get the point of flaming URD on this forum because you can't get a hold of us when we are closed on a holiday.

Anyway, I would love to help you out. Give me a call when we are OPEN and I will see what can be done to help you out.

G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
I really don't think this is flaming URD.
Just stating his experience so far. Not everyone knows the
schedules and lots of businesses are open during the holidays.

Many members have URD products and are very happy, a
simple search on tacomaworld will show this. That is why
URD can respond and explain the specific situation. I've
worked in customer service for years and lots of people
have unreasonable expectations, but those people often
are loyal and repeat customers if their problem is resolved
adequately.
yes thank you so much. Obviously i assumed they were closed on new years day and probably had atleast a short day new years eve but i had no idea that they wouldn't be open today. I didn't flame anyone and yes just stated my experience thus far. And ya every place around here was open new years eve (which was a saturday so technically irrelevant) and most were open today so i guess thats what i get for assuming
Old 01-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #60
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
Gadget I still luv u

What happens at X-Fest, stays at X-Fest!!!

G