Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

2.7 want more power

Old 10-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
teddygrahams is on a distinguished road
teddygrahams's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 want more power

i have 2.7 2000 3rze. i have cold air intake, lce headers, and magnaflow exhaust. Was wondering what i could do to get some more hp? i know there is s/c or turbo, but id rather not do that right now. Ive heard chips are a waste. looking to spend about 400.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
You have a lot of miles on it? Might want to think about a rebuild before you start boosting cylinder pressure.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
nothing you can do except buy a v6. save your money or buy something else. theres lots of other cool stuff you could add to your truck for $400
Old 10-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
teddygrahams is on a distinguished road
teddygrahams's Tacoma Gallery
not much more i can do to it. i have full long travel front and rear. full roll cage. bumps on all corners and a elocker. just looking for a little more umph thats not forced injection because its my daily driver at the moment. I just rebuilt the motor so it got about 1500 miles. was hoping there might be something else i havent taken into consideration to do to my engine.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #7
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygrahams View Post
not much more i can do to it. i have full long travel front and rear. full roll cage. bumps on all corners and a elocker. just looking for a little more umph thats not forced injection because its my daily driver at the moment. I just rebuilt the motor so it got about 1500 miles. was hoping there might be something else i havent taken into consideration to do to my engine.
other than forced induction, nitros is probably your only other substantial option.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
2004TacomaNavy is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircraft Maintenance Chief
Name: Brian
2004TacomaNavy's Tacoma Gallery
When you rebuilt the engine, did you have it Ported and polished? This can add a significant/noticeable amount of performance from your engine.