Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

Military discount

Old 05-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
Military discount

I was just wondering if Gadget from URD gave any kind of a discount for military service members. I am about to buy a 2.8" pulley for my S/C and if I can save a little coin that would be awesome. Yes, i already emailed them at their email account, havent heard anything so i thought I would post up here to see if anyone had some insight on this! Thanks.

Brendon

**Update on this, URD does give military and public safety employee discounts on most items, since some items they sell are already close to cost!!

They got my buisness for everything I may need that they sell!!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
I was just wondering if Gadget from URD gave any kind of a discount for military service members. I am about to buy a 2.8" pulley for my S/C and if I can save a little coin that would be awesome. Yes, i already emailed them at their email account, havent heard anything so i thought I would post up here to see if anyone had some insight on this! Thanks.

Brendon
I know calling the shop works as a better way of communications, they are usually super busy so e-mails take some time to get a response
Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
I am in afghanistan so I am really in no super hurry. sent an email, waited a few days then posted this, now will wait a few days. I really have another several months before I will even be able to use it. Just trying to get everything lined up so i can spend my first few days back drinking a few beers and installing some parts.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Call URD Tech Support 877-887-3872 x3

Edit: ahh well if your in no hurry,
Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
**Update on this, URD does give military and public safety employee discounts on most items, since some items they sell are already close to cost!!

They got my buisness for everything I may need that they sell!!
How do you go about claiming this military discount?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
When you are ready to place your order, pick up the phone and give me a call.

I know that some of you are in places that don't have phone access, so you can send me an email (preferably from your military/gov email account) detailing exactly what you want and where and how you want it shipped. I will work up your deal and send you a PayPal money request and you can pay it. Then your stuff ships out.

I come from a long line of military folks and I was born abroad while my father was flying air born command posts. I know the benefits and hardships your service demands and would be thank you even in a small way.

My wife is also a military brat and she and many of her relatives work in the intelligence community.

I am a retired peace officer and spent 10 years as a firefighter so you public safety folks don't get left out either. I know you are a special bread as well. While others run away from gunfire and burning buildings you guys run into it and work long crappy hours while the rest of the nation is enjoying their holidays off with their families.

G
Old 06-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, I appreciate you looking out for us. I have to talk a purchase over with the wife but you should be getting an email from me within the next couple of days hopefully. I need to spend some of this hard earned cash from my deployment
Old 06-13-2011, 04:55 AM   #8
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Just tell her that the stuff is on "sale" and you have to buy it. Women can't argue with that because they use it all the damn time.

G
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
When you are ready to place your order, pick up the phone and give me a call.

I know that some of you are in places that don't have phone access, so you can send me an email (preferably from your military/gov email account) detailing exactly what you want and where and how you want it shipped. I will work up your deal and send you a PayPal money request and you can pay it. Then your stuff ships out.

I come from a long line of military folks and I was born abroad while my father was flying air born command posts. I know the benefits and hardships your service demands and would be thank you even in a small way.

My wife is also a military brat and she and many of her relatives work in the intelligence community.

I am a retired peace officer and spent 10 years as a firefighter so you public safety folks don't get left out either. I know you are a special bread as well. While others run away from gunfire and burning buildings you guys run into it and work long crappy hours while the rest of the nation is enjoying their holidays off with their families.

G
Does this apply to Canadian military/civil servants?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Yes.

Your troops are along side our troops and I have worked directly with Canadian Law Enforcement so damn right!!

I will have to say that a SWAT team from Quebec put on one hell of a showing at the SWAT competition hosted by the DC police dept a bunch of years ago. Using Holiday Inn pillow cases to chuck repelling rope off of the repelling tower was a real crowd pleaser!!

G
Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Love Your Leisure
BrentPaucke is on a distinguished road
Navy: ABH
Name: brent
BrentPaucke's Tacoma Gallery
and this is why i love tacoma world
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #13
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
G...............thanx for the Public Safety Employee discount!!!!!

Order placed
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
what about the DA's officers....any discounts for them?
they do put the criminals behind the bars, after all...
im literally about to buy MAF cal and DTLT headers right now....maybe ill wait to hear back from gadget.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
what about the DA's officers....any discounts for them?
they do put the criminals behind the bars, after all...
im literally about to buy MAF cal and DTLT headers right now....maybe ill wait to hear back from gadget.
The best way to get ahold of Gadget is a phone call.....even if he can't pickup, leave a messege and he will call ya back.

Btw, dtlt's are already discounted so he may or may not have wiggle room.....he only turn little profit on some items due to having such great prices already. Every bit does help, and we appreciate it G!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
The best way to get ahold of Gadget is a phone call.....even if he can't pickup, leave a messege and he will call ya back.

Btw, dtlt's are already discounted so he may or may not have wiggle room.....he only turn little profit on some items due to having such great prices already. Every bit does help, and we appreciate it G!
Yeah, talked to gadget a couple days ago...sounded really swamped. I did send him an email on the urd site...we'll see what happens. If there's no discount, its no problem...doesn't hurt to ask though.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #17
bojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JB
bojinns's Tacoma Gallery
URD Rocks! Great customer service. Gadget did my install for my MAF last year! Thanks Gadget!

Joe from DHS
Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
skiff hauler is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: MK3
Name: blake
skiff hauler's Tacoma Gallery
thanks!! I'll pass the word along as they're 10 or so tacos at STA Tybee