1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LONG TUBE SUPER SPECIAL

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by Gadget@URD, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
  2. Aug 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    how do these stack up to the dough thorley headers?

3. Aug 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    Tacoma 09

Tacoma 09 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco
    I called both companies before purchasing the JBA Long tubes and below is the info I was given.

DT = Mild Steel Flanges and 304SS tubing.
    JBA = Mild Steel Flanges and 409SS tubing.

I will find out the thickness of tubing because that is also very important.

David

4. Oct 22, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    TheHansen

TheHansen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    Anyone know the tubing size differences?

On URD's site it says jba is 1 5/8" for jba's primarys, but i cant find the size of the doug thorleys.

5. Oct 23, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    Gadget@URD

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Both long tube headers have the same diameter primary tube size.

I have a LARGE supply of the Thorley and JBA in stock on our own shelf ready for immediate shipment.

G

6. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    TheHansen

TheHansen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    Ordered.
    :woot:

7. Oct 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    Gadget@URD

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner

Shipped.

G

8. Dec 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    Christianson.USMC

Christianson.USMC WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Jacksonville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4wd Sport 4.0 sbed JBL Dcab,3'' lift etc
    TRD Intake, Borla exhaust,JBA long tube headers, DT Y Pipe, Light Racing UCA's, Jet Throttle Body spacer, lifted 3.5" front 3"back. Grill guard w/ KC lights, Stepsides, Tint, hood protector, window visors, Caltrend neopreme seat covers, weathertech mats, HID fog and headlights, 1" wheel spacers front .5 rear, brakelight guards,265/70/r17 till they die and can get 33's, more to come
    I want to get a set of (6035S) JBA Headers,LONG TUBE and pair it with (89227)Doug Throley Tacoma "Pipe Bomb" Y-Pipe. I already have a borla cat-back exhaust. Will all of this fit together and will it be legal in NC.(CARB??) I am pretty sure it is all bolt on, i will need gaskets and ...
    1. will it all bolt on/together
    2.legal in NC/ carb?
    3. headers and y pipe+ gaskets O2 sensors???
    I am a active duty Marine Veteran what can you do for me for a bundle price Gadget.

9. Dec 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Gadget@URD

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Yes, it will all bolt together. No issues there.

Legal?? Well, nope. It is not legal to remove cats from a vehicle that is used on the public highways. We all know that, but we all do it, right??

You should get one set of the HD gaskets to go between the headers and Y pipe.

As far as discounts go, you all know I love to take care of the military and public safety folks, but keep in mind that the headers are already at a SLAMMING low price. No room left there. Might be some wiggle room on the Y pipe in a bundle. Call me to place your order and we will get you taken care of.

G

10. Dec 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    Christianson.USMC

Christianson.USMC WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Jacksonville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4wd Sport 4.0 sbed JBL Dcab,3'' lift etc
    TRD Intake, Borla exhaust,JBA long tube headers, DT Y Pipe, Light Racing UCA's, Jet Throttle Body spacer, lifted 3.5" front 3"back. Grill guard w/ KC lights, Stepsides, Tint, hood protector, window visors, Caltrend neopreme seat covers, weathertech mats, HID fog and headlights, 1" wheel spacers front .5 rear, brakelight guards,265/70/r17 till they die and can get 33's, more to come
    Legal lol I knew that lol. What i meant was will i be able to swap the Y-pipes for inspection to pass and leave the headers on each time? Also running the jba headers and the throley Y pipe will that turn on any lights, O2 sensors? ALso taking out the the stock header and Y pipe with cats will not mess anything up and provide a lil pep to the wheels?

To Top