Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

MAF CAL Installed!! Thanks URD!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #21
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Sweet...

Now you can go out and spank a few more 4 bangers, oh, and a bunch of them V6's, ie.. Maxima's LOL..

i smoked my friends regular cab v8 dakota this morning after i got my new shoes installed. so much more traction now, i fish tail on take off now
Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #22
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to have to check my connections, because I wasn't impressed with mine.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #23
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm going to have to check my connections, because I wasn't impressed with mine.
I would recommend that. I felt a difference w/just stock MAP. You should feel some difference at full throttle.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

if you have any questions gadget is always willing to help others out. just give urd a call and i think his extension is x3
Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Well, I went to this shop today and was told they cant tune my truck because they did not know the software. Long story short, they have a Dyno that they can let me do three runs for $75. But I will have to tune myself. In this case I guess I should just learn how to do it myself, since Dyno's wont help if not street tuned first.

I know I need:

a Scan tool. usb from scan to my laptop. Anything else? I've heard and read talk of the wide band... Does this just go into the OBDII port, or does it thread into the existing O2 bung near my Y-pipe.

I really wish someone would do an adequate write up on tuning. The PDF is cool and all but I need something more like MAF Cali; Tuning for DUMMIES... LOL.
the utune is a great guide, read it, then read it ten more time til you understand.

You'll need a wideband to tune you open loop trims, which is more of what youll want to change as you wont get much of a benefit tuning clooped loop as the computer will always try to get the AFR back to 14.7.

the wideband is another type of o2 sensor, that as its title says, reads a "wider band" of air/fuel mixture. youll need to have a new bung welded in the header, or ypipe to mount the sensor, and either run the wires to your laptop, or to a wideband gauge to monitor at all times.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #26
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
the utune is a great guide, read it, then read it ten more time til you understand.

You'll need a wideband to tune you open loop trims, which is more of what youll want to change as you wont get much of a benefit tuning clooped loop as the computer will always try to get the AFR back to 14.7.

the wideband is another type of o2 sensor, that as its title says, reads a "wider band" of air/fuel mixture. youll need to have a new bung welded in the header, or ypipe to mount the sensor, and either run the wires to your laptop, or to a wideband gauge to monitor at all times.
Yeah Im looking into the PLX devices right now. Trying to justify the tuning cost. Its looking rough.

Here is a good question. Where did they say Gadget and the Tech shop was located??? LOL....
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #27
Enjoying my addiction

Question LM-2 Wideband wih OBDII Single Channel

Hey Tacoskim, Did Gadget use this device to tune your truck. Right now just by reading, I believe I can read both the OBD II & wide band sensor, once installed.

Anyone else use this, The price is great compared to others like the PLX. But Damn I am on the fence with this whole situation. And I still have to get the O2 bung welded on to my header. Wow. I really did not think this out.

You are one lucky dude Tacoskim.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #28
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pick that lm2 up, its a great deal!!!

Gadget used the Lm1 to tune mine when he did it last year.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #29
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
this past weekend i had the great opportunity to meet with the man himself, URD's Gadget... I wanna say thanks to URD Bryan, and Gadget for letting me come to their shop, their really nice guys. They installed my MAF CAL and Gadget street tuned my truck and its running strong! This system is definitely bad ass and opens up the bolt ons....

After Gadget tuned my truck he gave me a ride in his URD Supercharged Xrunner and holy shit is that thing fast!! his truck pulls so hard and its so quiet while doing it. hands down fastest tacoma out there!! that thing is so beastly words cant even explain the power it has.

Thanks Again Gadget!

I was a pleasure meeting you and having the opportunity to tune your truck!

Don't be a stranger. You are not far away!!

Gadget
Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #31
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
URD's main location is Laguna Hills CA.

I operate out of Souther MD, but spend a lot of time in CA. I will be there again later this week.

Gadget
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #32
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
So would the Maf Tunner help with a pretty much stock 2.7L Taco>?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #34
URD is located in Southern Maryland.

Gadget
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #35
06lttaco has a spectacular aura about06lttaco has a spectacular aura about

06lttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post

that sound clip just inspired me!!! sounds sick as hell. how do you like the jba's?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #37
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
URD's main location is Laguna Hills CA.

I operate out of Souther MD, but spend a lot of time in CA. I will be there again later this week.

Gadget
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
URD is located in Southern Maryland.

Gadget
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_money08 View Post
where's the URD shop at?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #38
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
How much does a tune run? I'm planning on getting one (since it's all I asked the wifey for) and wanted to know how much I'm looking at
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #39
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06lttaco View Post
that sound clip just inspired me!!! sounds sick as hell. how do you like the jba's?
that was with the k&n, sounds even better now since ive had the urd! the jbas are nice since i dont plant on supercharging, otherwise the long tubes are sexxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
How much does a tune run? I'm planning on getting one (since it's all I asked the wifey for) and wanted to know how much I'm looking at
about 100 bucks
Old 12-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post

depends on the shop, and their ability to tune a Split Second software setup.