Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

MAF CAL Installed!! Thanks URD!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #41
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet thanks! Truck sounds amazing btw! Some day I too will have some JBAs
Old 03-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #44
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Its really stubborn with having the right starting sequence. Its been so long since I've had my truck, let alone the maf Cal, but I think I remember it needing to turn the key to on, but not running to flash a tune. But once flashed you can start it and watch the cells being highlighted and moving while running.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #45
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
Too many damn abbreviations, wow i am so confused! What were you guys talking about again??
Old 03-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
Thank you, I am new to this so I am learning little by little.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #48
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
Got it all installed and working. Map loaded. Thanks Wolfpack. Test drive today.
Hey buddy, did you have to get the MAF installed in order for the serial to recognize the MAF? Plugged mine in and didnt recognize anything.. a little help would be greatly appreciated guys! already got the map from Gadget too
Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #50
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
ur reading it right?

for plug "E" u want a "black" wire from pin 1 from the ecu

for plug "A" u want a "BROWN" ecu wire from pin 28

for plug "D" u want "BLACK WITH WHITE STRIPE" ecu wire from pin 1

for plug "A" AGAIN you wanna locate a "GREEN WITH BLACK STRIPE" from the ECU on pin 20

for the final connection where u actually CUT wire, u wanna locate a "RED WITH YELLOW STRIPE" from plug "A" again from the ECU on pin 30

can you locate those wires?

remember, the bundle u wanna work from is on the far right and they plug into the metal shielded piece
Yea I read it correctly. that diagram is for an 06' I have an 09' and the wires do not match... In E I dont have a black in pin 1. and so on so forth with the rest. I dont wanna thread jack this review so if you have any info for the 09' will you PM me?? Thanks for getting back to me though buddy!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #51
Never Forget! 343

Firefighter:
Quote:
hijack or not, if I find anything different regardling the '09 wiring I will post it here for future reference for others and PM you.
Sounds good, Thank you again! I searched this site and google and found others having the same issue but couldnt find a new diagram. Just want to be 100% before I start messing with my ECU wires..

Yeah I saw that as well, but still couldnt locate the correct wire in the correct pin..
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #52
GregLee98 has a spectacular aura aboutGregLee98 has a spectacular aura aboutGregLee98 has a spectacular aura about

Army: Armor and Cavalry Officer
Name: Greg
GregLee98's Tacoma Gallery
Power it up

Quote:
OK, I hate seeing unanswered questions that I know can be answered easily...I also know Gadget is extremely busy.

I just got off the phone with the man, the legend, the magician of HP.

he said that while you do not NEED to have it installed and wired up to load a MAP, it DOES need a 12 volt source for power in order to be recognized by the computer, which makes sense to me, but I wanted an answer from G man himself before I said anything.

Now, I didnt ask which wires should be used to power it up..........If u want to go that route, then you can. Call him at (877) 887-3872

honestly, Id rather wire it up and then load a map.........It just sounds safer for us regular guys. Gadget I would assume does dozens of these a week at the least, so he must have a bench setup for easy programming complete with a 12 volt power supply.
i wired it up and then loaded the map. It need a power source to load a map. I figured that out the hard way with many failures other ways. Once I wired it and got it power, no issues at all.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #53
Never Forget! 343

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
i wired it up and then loaded the map. It need a power source to load a map. I figured that out the hard way with many failures other ways. Once I wired it and got it power, no issues at all.
Nice, I wired mine up but my computer isnt recognizing the MAF Cal. I rechecked wiring and made sure the truck wasnt throwing any codes. You have any advice or instruction on what you did to upload the map Gadget sent you? I spoke with him and he told me to reconfigure my ports on my computer, tried that and still couldnt get any progress..