1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MAF CAL Installed!! Thanks URD!

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by tacoskim, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Dec 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Sweet thanks! Truck sounds amazing btw! Some day I too will have some JBAs

2. Mar 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    GregLee98

GregLee98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    I'm about to install the URD MAF Calibrator.
    2 things:
    1. Does the yellow/green wire connect to anything?
    2. Gadget, can you send me a map for 08 Tacoma TRD Sport V6 4WD with a 1st GEN TRD CAI and TRD Cat-back exhaust?

Working on getting my serial/usb cable to work with Windows 7 now though.

3. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    To install a map, does the URD MAF have to be installed to the truck with power?
    I got it connected and the serial to usb cable works fine. I can't get it to recognize the URD MAF in the Split Second program.
    Any help?

4. Mar 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    jaxchrisfla

jaxchrisfla Well-Known Member

Member:
    flooriduh
    lots
    Its really stubborn with having the right starting sequence. Its been so long since I've had my truck, let alone the maf Cal, but I think I remember it needing to turn the key to on, but not running to flash a tune. But once flashed you can start it and watch the cells being highlighted and moving while running.

5. Mar 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    !TacoTaco!

!TacoTaco! TACO LOVER!

Member:
    First Name:
    Felix
    PSL, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD SR5 Sport
    Removed coal filter, Also installed AFE air filter. Roof rack with custom diamond plate air diverter.
    Too many damn abbreviations, wow i am so confused! What were you guys talking about again??

6. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    !TacoTaco!

!TacoTaco! TACO LOVER!

Member:
    First Name:
    Felix
    PSL, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD SR5 Sport
    Removed coal filter, Also installed AFE air filter. Roof rack with custom diamond plate air diverter.
    Thank you, I am new to this so I am learning little by little.

7. Mar 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Got it all installed and working. Map loaded. Thanks Wolfpack. Test drive today.

8. Jun 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Bengland25

Bengland25 Never Forget! 343

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    MB Chaos 6 17" wheels, BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO LT265-70R17, Anytime Fog Lights, Anytime Backup Camera, Bed Lights, Tailgate Lock, Light bar with 3 Hella 700FF's, Realtree Camo arm-rests, Anytime DTRL (With Switch), Blue Seas Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker, Custom Bed Light-Bar, Cobra 29 LTD Chrome, 4' Firestik, Masterlock Hitch Key Safe, Bed Storage Compartment Locks, Custom Shovel Bracket Mount, Flag Pole Mount (RED SOLO CUP FLAG!), DIY Washable Cabin Filter, URD MAF Cal., Homelink Garage Door Opener, Volant CAI w/ Ram Scoop, AeroTurbine 3030XL, URD Short Throw Shifter, Custom Satoshi, Blitzpro 21S, 2 Blitzpro 6LZ's, Blitzpro 6D, BAMF Sliders
    Hey buddy, did you have to get the MAF installed in order for the serial to recognize the MAF? Plugged mine in and didnt recognize anything.. a little help would be greatly appreciated guys! already got the map from Gadget too :)

9. Jun 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    MB Chaos 6 17" wheels, BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO LT265-70R17, Anytime Fog Lights, Anytime Backup Camera, Bed Lights, Tailgate Lock, Light bar with 3 Hella 700FF's, Realtree Camo arm-rests, Anytime DTRL (With Switch), Blue Seas Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker, Custom Bed Light-Bar, Cobra 29 LTD Chrome, 4' Firestik, Masterlock Hitch Key Safe, Bed Storage Compartment Locks, Custom Shovel Bracket Mount, Flag Pole Mount (RED SOLO CUP FLAG!), DIY Washable Cabin Filter, URD MAF Cal., Homelink Garage Door Opener, Volant CAI w/ Ram Scoop, AeroTurbine 3030XL, URD Short Throw Shifter, Custom Satoshi, Blitzpro 21S, 2 Blitzpro 6LZ's, Blitzpro 6D, BAMF Sliders
    So i went to go install today. wires arent matching the diagram I have from This DIY thread. Anyone have any idea if they changed the wire diagram and where I can get the correct one for the install if so??

10. Jun 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Yea I read it correctly. that diagram is for an 06' I have an 09' and the wires do not match... In E I dont have a black in pin 1. and so on so forth with the rest. I dont wanna thread jack this review so if you have any info for the 09' will you PM me?? Thanks for getting back to me though buddy!

11. Jun 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Sounds good, Thank you again! I searched this site and google and found others having the same issue but couldnt find a new diagram. Just want to be 100% before I start messing with my ECU wires..

Yeah I saw that as well, but still couldnt locate the correct wire in the correct pin..

12. Jun 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    i wired it up and then loaded the map. It need a power source to load a map. I figured that out the hard way with many failures other ways. Once I wired it and got it power, no issues at all.

13. Jun 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Nice, I wired mine up but my computer isnt recognizing the MAF Cal. I rechecked wiring and made sure the truck wasnt throwing any codes. You have any advice or instruction on what you did to upload the map Gadget sent you? I spoke with him and he told me to reconfigure my ports on my computer, tried that and still couldnt get any progress..

14. Jun 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Here is the Wiring Diagram I received from Jerez. Suppose it would work on 09+ but not sure about the 2012..

photo2-6_4df04c03b00f1436402496408f95ed77d45d256b.jpg

photo1-5_2213b32c9bf2ff974137d200d79b0960085ffb0d.jpg

15. Jun 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Anybody on here from CA that would be willing to help me upload the MAP that Gadget sent over for my URD MAF Cal?? PM me if you can or know of someone that is willing to help out :thumbsup:

To Top