Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

MAF CAL Installed!! Thanks URD!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up MAF CAL Installed!! Thanks URD!

this past weekend i had the great opportunity to meet with the man himself, URD's Gadget... I wanna say thanks to URD Bryan, and Gadget for letting me come to their shop, their really nice guys. They installed my MAF CAL and Gadget street tuned my truck and its running strong! This system is definitely bad ass and opens up the bolt ons....

After Gadget tuned my truck he gave me a ride in his URD Supercharged Xrunner and holy shit is that thing fast!! his truck pulls so hard and its so quiet while doing it. hands down fastest tacoma out there!! that thing is so beastly words cant even explain the power it has.

Thanks Again Gadget!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I am jealous!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im looking at getting the MAF Calibrator for my turbo setup. Im glad it sounds like it works!!! One quick question. Does anyone know if I should get the Calibrator with MAP?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Im looking at getting the MAF Calibrator for my turbo setup. Im glad it sounds like it works!!! One quick question. Does anyone know if I should get the Calibrator with MAP?

i know if your supercharged your gonna need it with the map sensor... but since ur turbo im not sure
Old 10-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got a video camera? I wanna see how your trucks responded with your mods after being tuned.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Got a video camera? I wanna see how your trucks responded with your mods after being tuned.
if i have some time today after work ill try to get a clip together from a shitty camera. my video camera is busted.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I am jealous as well...

So many mods - so little money, but this one is 2nd on my list. Audio is first.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
ive had a ride in his truck as well, very nice experience. i love the gto seats!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
this past weekend i had the great opportunity to meet with the man himself, URD's Gadget... I wanna say thanks to URD Bryan, and Gadget for letting me come to their shop, their really nice guys. They installed my MAF CAL and Gadget street tuned my truck and its running strong! This system is definitely bad ass and opens up the bolt ons....

After Gadget tuned my truck he gave me a ride in his URD Supercharged Xrunner and holy shit is that thing fast!! his truck pulls so hard and its so quiet while doing it. hands down fastest tacoma out there!! that thing is so beastly words cant even explain the power it has.

Thanks Again Gadget!

Dude thats awesome. So how exactly did he street tune your truck. We have similar mods, and Im about to take mine in, and I kind of wanted to know what to expect...

Cant wait.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
ive had a ride in his truck as well, very nice experience. i love the gto seats!!!

yea his truck is just amazing. a ride i will never forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Dude thats awesome. So how exactly did he street tune your truck. We have similar mods, and Im about to take mine in, and I kind of wanted to know what to expect...

Cant wait.

Gadget said its better to street tune it rather than to do it on the dyno...

he hooked something up to my muffler, then had a scan tool and a wideband display unit hooked up... had his lap top connected to the maf and connected to a plug near the e-brake..... had me cruise at normal speed, then had me do some runs on the high way from 50-110 a couple of times
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea his truck is just amazing. a ride i will never forget!

Gadget said its better to street tune it rather than to do it on the dyno...

he hooked something up to my muffler, then had a scan tool and a wideband display unit hooked up... had his lap top connected to the maf and connected to a plug near the e-brake..... had me cruise at normal speed, then had me do some runs on the high way from 50-110 a couple of times
Damn, thats alot more than I thought. I wonder if any shops here in Fayetteville would go that far... Oh well, guess I better start searching..
Old 10-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Damn, thats alot more than I thought. I wonder if any shops here in Fayetteville would go that far... Oh well, guess I better start searching..

i say if u cant find anything then have a dyno do it, cuz they got a scanner hooked up to those things
Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #13
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
i say if u cant find anything then have a dyno do it, cuz they got a scanner hooked up to those things
Sounds good. Thanks...
Old 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the u-tune.pdf that i have written by gadget says to road tune first before you even think of dynoing it
Old 10-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #16
Enjoying my addiction

Well, I went to this shop today and was told they cant tune my truck because they did not know the software. Long story short, they have a Dyno that they can let me do three runs for $75. But I will have to tune myself. In this case I guess I should just learn how to do it myself, since Dyno's wont help if not street tuned first.

I know I need:

a Scan tool. usb from scan to my laptop. Anything else? I've heard and read talk of the wide band... Does this just go into the OBDII port, or does it thread into the existing O2 bung near my Y-pipe.

I really wish someone would do an adequate write up on tuning. The PDF is cool and all but I need something more like MAF Cali; Tuning for DUMMIES... LOL.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

theres a sale on the scan tool right now at urdusa.com

that sucks that know one there knew the software
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #18
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post

Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
Enjoying my addiction

Thumbs up

Sweet...

Now you can go out and spank a few more 4 bangers, oh, and a bunch of them V6's, ie.. Maxima's LOL..