1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gadget or some one else correct me if I am wrong on this.

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by sctrdtaco03, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    sctrdtaco03

sctrdtaco03 [OP] Ah yeah that guy

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    Port Orchard,Wa
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    first gen trd supercharger throttle body coolant delete gray wire mod rear diff breather extension King coilovers All pro uca's toytec 2" shackle extension rear billy 5100 water meth injection urd 6 injector upgrade other assorted goodies custom AZ pinstripe on sides
    ok first I have a 1 gen(gray) S/C on a 3.4

I have snow performance water/meth on it also I use it to run a lower grade octane since it "raises" the detonation threshold.

One question I have is will I be able to Run higher octane(91) run higher boost?
    I am running stock MAP's but since water/meth enriches the fuel mixture and allows more advanced timing. SO when adding higher pressures more fuel is needed and timing needs to be retarded. By running water/meth it will compensate for this, so more boost will be allowed? Anyone following what I'm saying? or have experience in this?

BTW this isn't a full thought plan but more of a brainstorm so any input appreciated

2. Nov 8, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    You should always run premium fuel.

One day that water/meth system is going to fail and your engine will follow shortly afterwards.

G

3. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    sctrdtaco03

sctrdtaco03 [OP] Ah yeah that guy

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    Port Orchard,Wa
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    first gen trd supercharger throttle body coolant delete gray wire mod rear diff breather extension King coilovers All pro uca's toytec 2" shackle extension rear billy 5100 water meth injection urd 6 injector upgrade other assorted goodies custom AZ pinstripe on sides
    So what about people that run water/meth and have a timing map set for it? Yeah if i was always WOT and the water/meth failed it would harm the engine. But having a failsafe and not getting into boost everytime I move. I dont see the problem in it expicially when premium is always available. Thanks for entertaining the thought and being open minded on other ways to make an engine more efficient.

4. Nov 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    The people I know running a water/meth kit are track vehicles, not DD's.

Not running premium is a mistake if it's a DD. If premium is not available, you should zip tie the actuator open so you can't get full boost. It doesn't take a lot of detonation to destroy a motor.

As for entertaining your thought, tuning is trial and error. Higher octane generally means in theory you can run higher boost. The only way to really figure it out is to put in a wideband and see what your AFR is and tune accordingly.

To Top