Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

2012 URD CAI and MAF Cal

Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
2012 URD CAI and MAF Cal

Talked to Gadget on the phone today and placed my order for a CAI, MAF Cal, Pre Filter, Splash Guard for my 2012. He hooked me up with a Military Discount (Thanks Again!!!!) Got the tracking number within about an hour, and according to FedEx, will be here tomorrow Looking forward to installing this weekend, Will post pics after

I guess I dont have any of the finished product. Sorry they might be out of order and a few months late lol
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Received the package today. Had everything except the MAF Calibrator. Called Gadget and left a message. Hopefully he can send it out ASAP! Everything was packed well and looks good, just need the MAF Calibrator I ordered!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
put up a review of the maf cal, been thinking about ordering one
Wilco. I had planned on installing it this weekend. If he can send it out today, I should get it in time to install.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Membor
Cowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Luke
Cowboyz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Received the package today. Had everything except the MAF Calibrator. Called Gadget and left a message. Hopefully he can send it out ASAP! Everything was packed well and looks good, just need the MAF Calibrator I ordered!
Congrats on the purchase. You will love this true cold air intake. Post up some pics once you get everything installed.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyz View Post
Congrats on the purchase. You will love this true cold air intake. Post up some pics once you get everything installed.
Thanks, Should have pics on Friday!

Edit: Just got off the phone with Gadget, the MAF Cal is being shipped today. So far the customer service has been great! I'm really looking forward to installing my goodies
Old 08-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
rosshoss1 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Bill
rosshoss1's Tacoma Gallery
with the way toyota routed the 2012 intake(bringing it down underneath the fender flare; does this not already act as a cold air intake? Will the URD CAI increase power and economy by bringing the filter back into the engine bay?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
TacosNBurritos is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TacosNBurritos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosshoss1 View Post
with the way toyota routed the 2012 intake(bringing it down underneath the fender flare; does this not already act as a cold air intake? Will the URD CAI increase power and economy by bringing the filter back into the engine bay?
I'm going to chime in hear. You are right about the Tacoma already being a Cold Air Intake. The placement of the URD CAI is unique in that they placed it right in front of the radiators. It will get the coldest air available and also have air forced in due to the speed of the vehicle. More speed = more air.

The OEM location of the intake is in the fender. The engine has to suction air from this area which is likely eddie currents. With the location of the URD you get more laminate flow into the intake making the engine work less to get that fresh air supply.

Where are your pictures Nut
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Thanks, Should have pics on Friday!

Edit: Just got off the phone with Gadget, the MAF Cal is being shipped today. So far the customer service has been great! I'm really looking forward to installing my goodies