1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD TCAI Thread

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by santas212, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    santas212

santas212 [OP] I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    I am interested in getting the URD TCAI for my currently stock 09

I was hoping to get some past and present users of the URD TCAI to chime in with some comments, reviews, pictures etc.

I would love it if someone could drop on a youtube video of what their engine sounds like with the TCAI installed.

Pictures please! Especially if someone could give an install photo where the metal trimming is required??

Thanks in advance

2. Aug 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Thanks for the video, Sorry i get lazy about searching sometimes when i am surfing from the iphone with bad service :cool:

So am i understanding correctly that you need to cut and paste some wires to the MAF? is this a huge hassle?

Also, since i need my truck to run all the time regardless of what the weathers doing (volunteer firefighter/emt, dont have time to throw on a rain sock before heading out / often find myself driving in the CHT'iest of conditions.) i would probably leave the rain sock cover on there all year round. Will running with the rain cover all the time rob the air enough to make it not worth the install??

3. Aug 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    thanks for all the great info. definitely want to do something, this seems like an awesome setup.

wolfpack, let me know if you end up putting yours for sale, if the price is right i could be interested in trying it on to see how things go with the rain sock on all the time.

Anyone else that has any rain related information while using their intake please chime in!

4. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
  5. Aug 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    CayucosTacoma

CayucosTacoma Just think outside the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Luis Obispo/San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab 4x4
    Specs in the Build Thread
    Well i dont personally have a URD CAI, but i've been in Brocks(Wolfpack^) and the CAI brings out a certain rasp at the higher RPM's that i LOVE.

I have the AFE stage 2 w/ pro dry s filter. According to Brock it pulls the same Air temp. As stock but is really loud at open throttle. I personally love the sound of the intake at higher RPM's but some say its to loud.

6. Aug 22, 2018 at 6:56 AM
    OverlAnderson

OverlAnderson A dude playing a dude disguised as another dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicle:
    14 TRDS DCSB 4X4
    stuff and things
    I would also like to know about any nessisary means of “waterproofing” the intake filter. I’ve heard it won’t suck in water when driving in rain or splashing throug large puddles, can anyone confirm this??

To Top