Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD TCAI Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
santas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Strategic Sealift Officer
Name: Steve
santas212's Tacoma Gallery
URD TCAI Thread

I am interested in getting the URD TCAI for my currently stock 09

I was hoping to get some past and present users of the URD TCAI to chime in with some comments, reviews, pictures etc.

I would love it if someone could drop on a youtube video of what their engine sounds like with the TCAI installed.

Pictures please! Especially if someone could give an install photo where the metal trimming is required??

Thanks in advance
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
This intake give the most gains out of all.. Sound is pretty much the same as any other intake but there is less of it in the cab. You will need the MAF CAL to run it. I have heard that mesh grills with mess with the reading so if you have one you will need the hydroshield. Rain is not an issue with that sheild on. If you so watwr crossings, it isn't for you.

Sound can be heard here when the truck is coming at the camera:

http://youtu.be/syftuWjG2hw

Pics:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...12-tacoma.html

^^^^Yes that is a 2012 but the only difference is thw smog pump.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...?highlight=urd

^^^^^The search function works great. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Hmmm. I thought the MAF CAL was needed. Thanks for clearing things up
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
santas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of lightsantas212 is a glorious beacon of light

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02;5505966

[url
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/202528-urd-tcai.html?highlight=urd[/url]

^^^^^The search function works great. Good luck!
Thanks for the video, Sorry i get lazy about searching sometimes when i am surfing from the iphone with bad service

So am i understanding correctly that you need to cut and paste some wires to the MAF? is this a huge hassle?

Also, since i need my truck to run all the time regardless of what the weathers doing (volunteer firefighter/emt, dont have time to throw on a rain sock before heading out / often find myself driving in the CHT'iest of conditions.) i would probably leave the rain sock cover on there all year round. Will running with the rain cover all the time rob the air enough to make it not worth the install??
Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #5

thanks for all the great info. definitely want to do something, this seems like an awesome setup.

wolfpack, let me know if you end up putting yours for sale, if the price is right i could be interested in trying it on to see how things go with the rain sock on all the time.

Anyone else that has any rain related information while using their intake please chime in!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Well i dont personally have a URD CAI, but i've been in Brocks(Wolfpack^) and the CAI brings out a certain rasp at the higher RPM's that i LOVE.

I have the AFE stage 2 w/ pro dry s filter. According to Brock it pulls the same Air temp. As stock but is really loud at open throttle. I personally love the sound of the intake at higher RPM's but some say its to loud.