Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

2005 Xrunner- NO POWER and Black smoke.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #41
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
X2 Gadget is a very busy person.

Also, have the unit number (should be on the back of the controller) handy
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #42
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Posted in the VA section of XR Underground... Maybe they can help out.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #43
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
if my memory serves me correct, the URD controller ONLY activates when it sees boost. So if the problem returns after 3-4 min after resetting the factory ECU and is idling the whole time then I doubt it's blower/controller related
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #44
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

If I'm not mistaken the MAF harness has to be extended to reach its new location on the MKI. Check to make sure the connections are still soldered correctly. I had one of my MAF wires come loose after extending the harness and my truck did the same shit intermittently and never threw a CEL
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #45
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Gadget says-

"Unplug the 7th injector. See if that clears the problem. Do not drive it in boost.

Your shop calls me and leaves a message, and when I call him back I get voice mail.

G"
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #46
rockstar626 is on a distinguished road
rockstar626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Gadget says-

"Unplug the 7th injector. See if that clears the problem. Do not drive it in boost.

Your shop calls me and leaves a message, and when I call him back I get voice mail.

G"
Useless.

Have sent an email with personal cell phone number. Lets see what happens. Please dont post useless information it just clutters the problem at hand. I can tell you this, We have a super reputation, and I will take care of my customer one way or the other.

Also, we do not currently have voice mail @ our shop, as we are in the process of building a massive service center which opens this week. So, not me.I have provided our service managers personal cell phone.

Unfortunatley, nobody wants to touch this thing, not knowing much about it. That is super bad for someone in my customers position.

PS> Thanks for posting it in the other forums.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #47
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
With all due respect, we are just attempting to help...

Number 1: you will get more help on xru, not many URD's around here.

Number 2: If you need to talk to Gadget, then bombard him relentlessly.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #48
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
With all due respect, we are just attempting to help...
Yeah seriously.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #49
Reign in Blood

So ur saying ur managers cell phone doesn't have voicemail?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #50
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the Supercharger is torqued correctly on the manifold; it wouldn't be the first time the bolts loosen up. These things really don't like vacuum leaks.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #51
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar626 View Post
Useless.

Have sent an email with personal cell phone number. Lets see what happens. Please dont post useless information it just clutters the problem at hand. I can tell you this, We have a super reputation, and I will take care of my customer one way or the other.

Also, we do not currently have voice mail @ our shop, as we are in the process of building a massive service center which opens this week. So, not me.I have provided our service managers personal cell phone.

Unfortunatley, nobody wants to touch this thing, not knowing much about it. That is super bad for someone in my customers position.

PS> Thanks for posting it in the other forums.
Did you try the part about unplugging the 7th injector or were you too busy trying to blast him for his post?

Ever hear the phrase, 'don't kill the messenger'?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #52
Reign in Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Make sure the Supercharger is torqued correctly on the manifold; it wouldn't be the first time the bolts loosen up. These things really don't like vacuum leaks.
None of URDs mki's or mkiis mount to any manifold
Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #53
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodHatesUsAll View Post
None of URDs mki's or mkiis mount to any manifold
Oh, ok. Still sounds like a massive vacuum leak to me. Also and I know this is simple but with the engine running tap the MAF sensor lightly with the handle of a screw driver; if the idle fluctuates you need a new MAF but then you already knew that...right? Could be the EGR system, too.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #54
rexrunner is on a distinguished road
rexrunner's Tacoma Gallery
don't blame gadget. Your dealership sold the truck and made the profit. Not gadget. Your techs need some training. There is.no reason why a regular scan tool can't read from the ecm. The urd psc does not affect that. Its a piggyback. You need to see what the maf is seeing. Open loop/closed loop function.

What codes are you throwing?please don't tell me you keep erasing them without reading them. So what codes?

The urd psc goes inline between the sensors. Check the voltage at the psc to make sure its hot.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #55
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Oh, ok. Still sounds like a massive vacuum leak to me. Also and I know this is simple but with the engine running tap the MAF sensor lightly with the handle of a screw driver; if the idle fluctuates you need a new MAF but then you already knew that...right? Could be the EGR system, too.
I'll save that screwdriver method for future use.

No EGR on the 4.0. I do think they added it this year along with the smog pump.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #56
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the help folks.

I have been in touch with the OP.

We will get it sorted out.

Lets turn down the wick here. I know everyone is doing their best to help and have the greatest intentions and in no way meant any harm.

G
Old 08-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #57
Nathan88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
Nathan88's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like if it had an supercharger installed and with the problems stated. You may need to get the ECU reflashed. That's a must after installing a supercharger.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #58
Nathan88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
Nathan88's Tacoma Gallery
Another idea is to check the plugs and make sure they installed the correct type of plug for the supercharger.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #59
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
update?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #60
Reign in Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan88 View Post
Sounds like if it had an supercharger installed and with the problems stated. You may need to get the ECU reflashed. That's a must after installing a supercharger.
This has the URD blower installed not TRD, no ECU reflash needed