1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MAF Calibrator Plug and Play Kit

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by Hotdog, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Jan 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    What exactly is this for? I have a cai and that threw a code so the check engine light is on. I don't remember what the code was but it was the maf sensor. Is this supposed to get rid of that code or something?

2. Feb 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    Bump, I'm still curious about this.

3. Feb 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Thanks for the link, I checked their site before but couldn't find it

4. Feb 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Erad

Erad Member

Member:
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    '11 V6 4.0L
    Hey gadget, sorry for the late reply, been busy. But to answer your question I don't have a OBD scan tool. Maybe if you can tell me what your reasoning is behind wanting to check the fuel trims, I might be inclined to get one.

;)

5. Jan 1, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    I just placed my order for the URD MAF calibrator and plug-and-play harness. I've been toying with this idea for several years . . . I don't care about HP, but simply want to optimize the engine's settings/operation with my TRD 1st gen. CAI and TRD cat-back.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  6. Jan 16, 2016 at 4:50 AM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    Finally got a chance to install the kit. On a 10-mile quick test dive my "butt dyno" maybe feels a slight difference - more so when accelerating from slower speeds than when romping on the pedal at highway speeds. More time and miles will tell if there's a real difference and if mpgs improve any.

On a side note, wasn't I supposed to receive a CD with programming software on it? If so, that wasn't in the box.

To Top