Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

UCON EMS problems

Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Boomerams is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant
Boomerams's Tacoma Gallery
UCON EMS problems

Alright fellow forum goers have a little problem i am hopping i can get some help with. I have been working on the problem the past couple of days so i will first give you the back story to fill you in on how i got to were i am now.

Bought the UCON EMS system recently and finished installing it a couple of days ago. After i finished installing everything that came with kit i went to fire it up. Everything seemed fine, I let is run for a little bit, then when i was about to leave for my test drive truck was stalling out when put in reverse or drive. Of course the CEL was on so i pulled the codes...p0051, p0300, p0301, p0305.

I kind of focused more on the misfires at first so i checked some of the ignition system...coils, spark plugs(just put in all new). I even took everything apart again and checked the timing, thought maybe i fudged it up, but it was good. Didn't get to testing the injectors.

Then i started looking into the p0051 code and found that it could have been the A/F heater relay or possibly the forward 02 sensor (A/F sensor). Checked the relay and it was good. As for the forward o2 sensor i just went ahead and replaced the darn thing....which leads to were i am stuck now.

After installing the new o2 sensor I went to start the truck and it start the first time. I also noticed the all the misfire codes i pulled were gone but the P0051 code still remained. I went to check if i could change gears......it stalled. I went to start it up again and now it just keeps turning over. If i turn it over for about 5-8 seconds it will start but now it idles high and still cuts out if i put it into any gear.

ALSO... there might have been 2 gallons of unleaded put in the gas tank. Dont ask how just one word....Wife.

Any help?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerams View Post
Alright fellow forum goers have a little problem i am hopping i can get some help with. I have been working on the problem the past couple of days so i will first give you the back story to fill you in on how i got to were i am now.

Bought the UCON EMS system recently and finished installing it a couple of days ago. After i finished installing everything that came with kit i went to fire it up. Everything seemed fine, I let is run for a little bit, then when i was about to leave for my test drive truck was stalling out when put in reverse or drive. Of course the CEL was on so i pulled the codes...p0051, p0300, p0301, p0305.

I kind of focused more on the misfires at first so i checked some of the ignition system...coils, spark plugs(just put in all new). I even took everything apart again and checked the timing, thought maybe i fudged it up, but it was good. Didn't get to testing the injectors.

Then i started looking into the p0051 code and found that it could have been the A/F heater relay or possibly the forward 02 sensor (A/F sensor). Checked the relay and it was good. As for the forward o2 sensor i just went ahead and replaced the darn thing....which leads to were i am stuck now.

After installing the new o2 sensor I went to start the truck and it start the first time. I also noticed the all the misfire codes i pulled were gone but the P0051 code still remained. I went to check if i could change gears......it stalled. I went to start it up again and now it just keeps turning over. If i turn it over for about 5-8 seconds it will start but now it idles high and still cuts out if i put it into any gear.

ALSO... there might have been 2 gallons of unleaded put in the gas tank. Dont ask how just one word....Wife.

Any help?
Just gonna say it now. This really isn't the forum to ask these questions. PM gadget directly or ask the members on XR underground. Not too many/any members on this site are running the UCON system.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like this an electronic issue related to the UCON Programming, could have not been installed properly, software wise.

All I can suggest is to call Gadget @ URD, he'll help you get everything sorted out
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
I asked you to call, but I still have not heard from you.

Are you going to contact URD Tech Support???

G
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Still waiting to hear from you so we can give you any needed Tech Support.

Please contact URD right away.

G
Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
Still waiting to hear from you so we can give you any needed Tech Support.

Please contact URD right away.

G
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
fnkytrd is on a distinguished road
fnkytrd's Tacoma Gallery
What ever happened to this post? It sucks that this thread pops up every time someone searches URD Ucon EMS. I wonder if this guy was just like 75% of the guys out there and refuse to read the Installation Manual. I wish I jumped on the UCON when it was on sale. I couldn't afford it when my puppy decided to protect my wife from a stray PitBull and needed surgery from the fight. If it wasn't for my dog, my wife would have been in the hospital.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
It appears to be totally bogus.

Within a few minutes this guy signed up on several different forums and posted the same trash and was never heard from again.

Your basic hit and run attack.

G
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #9
Wrong not trash at all.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
So has the issue been resolved OP? It would appear that Gadget has tried to reach out to you with no effort from your end.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the dude is online right now.

Hey original poster, please answer Gadget in this thread. This is kind of a black eye for one of the most reliable and trusted vendors on this site.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HUH? You do realize all grades(87,89,91,93) of gas are unleaded right?

Or did you mean she put in diesel or some other type of fuel?

I call BS as well. If someone was really having all this trouble they would have to have the IQ of a 2x4 to not call URD.

UCON EMS is awesome, Gadget and his tech support are second to none!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wrong not trash at all.
because of course you'd wait 7 months before trying to get something fixed.....
Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #14
Actually smartass yes u would considering a deployment is 7 months.........

As for the problem in the first post......everyone who posted seems to know everything so all u fuckers can get together and brainstorm and shit out the answer yourselves.

I mean I have the intelligence of a 2x4 so how could I answer a simple question. I have no brain therefore no memory.

OUT!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
So whats the point of asking a question online if you dont intend on following up for 7 more months? I think you need to understand where we are coming from.

You say something is wrong and then disappear. How are we supposed to know you're out serving? When someone does that, it looks like they are trash talking the product.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Actually smartass yes u would considering a deployment is 7 months.........

As for the problem in the first post......everyone who posted seems to know everything so all u fuckers can get together and brainstorm and shit out the answer yourselves.

I mean I have the intelligence of a 2x4 so how could I answer a simple question. I have no brain therefore no memory.

OUT!!!
It sounds like you are outta here any ways...but hissy fits like this are lame. You show up, drop accusations about a system that has proven results and then bail out...Of course it sounds like you are just trying to make trouble.

Simple question for you to answer: Did the problem get fixed, just go away on it's own, still going, or did you uninstall the UCON?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
fnkytrd is on a distinguished road
fnkytrd's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Boomerams... I'll buy your UCON-EMS since your not using it...