Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

how much to pay for labor for 7th injector install ?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
4421.frank is on a distinguished road
4421.frank's Tacoma Gallery
how much to pay for labor for 7th injector install ?

I purchased the TRD 7th injector kit last fall and am ready to have it installed on my truck. My buddy takes his Subaru to speed shop close to us he introduced me to the owner whom was the only one who knew anything about the kit. As it turns out he was a former toyota tech for 10 years and was all excited about installing this unit on my truck. Their shop is highly recommended and his labor rates are comparable. He asked me how what were the quotes on labor charges on the installation for the kit. I never got a full installation quote as the other shops had no idea of the kit and were just basically going to "feel around" during installation and get back to me.
So my question is this. What would be a decent starting point to tell him for the installation of the kit?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
I am suprised you found a TRD 7th Injector kit. It has been discontinued for well over a year.

Double check the part numbers and make certain it is the correct one for your specific truck.

If you find that it is not for your truck, return it and get the URD 7th Injector kit.

Gadget
Old 02-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
4421.frank is on a distinguished road
4421.frank's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's Ok I bought it six months ago from URD, I will check it out when I go home from this job. Presently I am about 200 miles from home working so I cannot look at the unit or the package. I believe though I will return home with the next week, at that time I plan tohave the kit installed. Do you guys have any info on the labor hours for this kit? It would be very helpful in price negotitation for the labor. I have encountered a slight whining\ siphoning sound after pressure has been taken off the accelerator. You guys ever heard of this? Any other kits\ upgrades you got to get the most out of the blower?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
I am suprised you found a TRD 7th Injector kit. It has been discontinued for well over a year.

Double check the part numbers and make certain it is the correct one for your specific truck.

If you find that it is not for your truck, return it and get the URD 7th Injector kit.

Gadget
Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh you have the URD 7th Injector kit. You are fine as far as fitment.

The kit can be installed in 4 hours. The hardest part is swapping out the pump in the fuel tank. The rest is pretty easy and you can do it yourself and save some money.

Gadget