LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD supercharger + Snorkel???

Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
URD supercharger + Snorkel???

Hey guys

So i was staring at Marcels(Brokentusks) supercharger kit mk1

has anyone installed with a Snorkel yet?? If not do you see this as possible, I seen some issues in the MK1 set-up with the BOV as the kit would have to routed to the factory location, which would mean the MAF sensor would be right next to the BOV and i know this is a no go, as it will cause issues

maybe its something more doable on the new MK3, biggest problem id have is potential water leaking into the intercooler set-up

I love the power delivery of the URD kit, which may be a little more what Im looking for than the TRD kit
Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I would suspect it comes down to the smallest I.d. of the system. Andvevery change in direction of air, slows it velocity and can hinder the ram air effect of a snorkel.

I vote...DO IT! And share results for the rest of us...
Old 06-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
One of the things we wanted with the Mark 3 V6 system was to make it snorkel compatible.

You will likely need to stiffen up the rubber inlet duct with some spring wire like a dryer duct to keep it from sucking shut.

Getting the intercooler wet is not going to hurt it.

It is going to take a lot of work to redesign the earlier versions to be able to run a snorkel..

G