Notices

Worrying about installing

Old 06-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Cajun Yotas
Yota33 is on a distinguished road

Name: Billy
Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
Worrying about installing

So I enjoy the occasional mud. Not so much where I drown my taco but to have some mud thrown on my doors etc. Or going down a camping trail or back road. Would adding a tcai be harmful?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Mud, no. Water like creeks and streams, yes.

If you watch the Tacoma drive through deep water you don't see the water going in the grill into the filter, you will see it plow up the face of the radiator and go out forward through the grill. That is not a good use for it.

Just be careful, where there is mud there is water. It was designed to be a high performance street intake.

For mud I would run the filter cover so the mud will not get stuck down in the folds of the filter.

G
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Mud, no. Water like creeks and streams, yes.

If you watch the Tacoma drive through deep water you don't see the water going in the grill into the filter, you will see it plow up the face of the radiator and go out forward through the grill. That is not a good use for it.

Just be careful, where there is mud there is water. It was designed to be a high performance street intake.

For mud I would run the filter cover so the mud will not get stuck down in the folds of the filter.

G
This is 1000% true, although with the filter I still wouldn't go in over 1' of water / mud.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
Cajun Yotas

Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have both shields coming with it, I just won't plan on taking my truck for a swim!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Cajun Yotas

Yota33's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys