Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD Spec-U Equal Length Long Tube Headers

Old 07-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #121
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereverend View Post
OK, 2014 4.0 6SP 4WD DC. TRD Super Charger going in Tues. 18" Magnaflow w/ dump after axle. Are these what I need/want with the new SC? http://urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Headers-...duct_info.html
If so, I would want the $100 O2 "fooler" as right now we have no vehicle inspection. Will they require any additional exhaust work during install (the stock "y" pipe looks rather restrictive so WHy would I put a SC and Headers just to choke them at the Y? Just spitballing. Help me out guys in making the most logical decision.
Also, if there is no modification (i.e. welding/new pipe) is this a "driveway install" or just pay a buddy w/ and exhaust shop?

Thanks you Taco junkies
-Adam
They will provide a good power increase across the powerband, but you might experience a little bit of low end power loss. The S/C takes almost all of that low end loss out of the picture though.

You certainly do want the rear O2 simulators as well. When installing these you are removing the front set of catalytic converters and so the rear O2 sensors will throw a P0420/0430 code. If you are okay with having a CEL on all of the time it isn't necessary I suppose (those codes aren't limp mode codes). I highly recommend it though.

It makes sense that the Y pipe now becomes the choke point (which it does), but our engines even boosted are not overly high compression. You'll still reap benefits by having just the new headers, although they are pretty raspy unfortunately. You will benefit from building a new Y Pipe and some people have gotten upwards of 15 horse out of just the Y pipe on a boosted application. I wouldn't go any larger than 2.5" as you will lose too much backpressure down line which will in turn affect your exhaust scavenging.

The headers are a driveway install if you have a lot of tools at your disposal. You will say a lot of swear words and waste way too much time, but it certainly can be done. You will want an extra set of hands with you to help. I did my DTLT headers in the garage in a few hours time.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #122
TheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant future

TheFang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
You will benefit from building a new Y Pipe and some people have gotten upwards of 15 horse out of just the Y pipe on a boosted application.
So I plan on boosting my 2014 DCSB. Just want to confirm: new headers won't do a whole bunch while a bigger Y-pipe will help a whole lot? I have a TRD CAT back on right now… if this is true, a Y-pipe looks like it is in my near future.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #123
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Theoretically you will gain the most power from whichever you do first whether that be headers or Y pipe. Especially on a boosted truck they are both choke points. People have gotten about 15 hp with just a headers change, and people have also gotten 15 with the Y pipe change. Put them both on and you probably won't see 30. If someone asked me one or the other and they were not boosted, I would say Y pipe. If you're boosted it's a toss up, although I tend to lean towards headers. That being said I still have the stock Y pipe with the cats cut out of it...
Old 08-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #124
TheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant future

TheFang's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know thank you
Old 09-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #125
Jeeper gone Taco!
Deerhunter1911a1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Naval Aviator; HSC community
Deerhunter1911a1's Tacoma Gallery
So....Still nothing for 2012+ Huh?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #126
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Last I heard a month or so ago it would be a few months till 12+ was ready to ship... Should be hearing the update for 12+ by October for sure i'd hope.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #127
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
We have the production prototype for the 12+ ready for a final test fit before production starts.

G
Old 09-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #128
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Great news G, hope final fitment goes well
Old 09-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #129
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still game to let you use my truck for a 12+ supercharger. ..
Old 09-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #130
Jeeper gone Taco!
Deerhunter1911a1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Naval Aviator; HSC community
Deerhunter1911a1's Tacoma Gallery
Ooh man...I bet I can find a way to cram a set into my Xmas stocking....
Old 11-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #131
4x4fiend is on a distinguished road
4x4fiend's Tacoma Gallery
still waiting! Shoulda got an older used tacoma instead of going for new, waiting for parts development is brutal haha.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #132
thewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
thewarriordinghy's Tacoma Gallery
are these emissions legal?
Old 11-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #133
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarriordinghy View Post
are these emissions legal?
No
Old 11-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #134
thewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewarriordinghy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
thewarriordinghy's Tacoma Gallery
sucks, was thinkin of getting headers next semesters....
Old 11-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #135
PutterClutch

Patiently awaiting the 12+ sets

Old 11-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #136
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
With the long tubes and simulators do the emission monitors show all complete? Or are there a few monitors incomplete?
Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #137
PutterClutch

Are the 12+ equal lengths still happening?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #138
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.

We have a production prototype ready for final test fitting before we make the production run.

I had a guy lined up but I have lost touch with him.

I shipped the headers out to the Orange County CA area and that is where they are now. Looking for someone out there looking to help us out before I have them shipped back here.

G
Old 01-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #139
PutterClutch

Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply!
If you can't find anyone there (i'm sure you will though) i'd be able to do a test fit, unless the help you were looking for was something different than feedback on fitment with spacing measures and pictures.