Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

Short throw shifter kit

Old 12-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #21
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
bump an old thread..Im going to be ordering one soon, got money for christmas. Any feedback from people who installed it and have been using it for a few months now?
Loved mine. Had it on for about 45K miles til I sold the truck. It loosened up slightly over about a year and a half of driving and I took it apart and tightened it down again slightly and it was good after that with no noticeable play. The set screws holding the extension ball on the end of the stock shifter is what started to loosen slightly. It wasnt much, but I could feel the extra play left/right when the truck was in a gear so thats why I took it apart.
My 1st gen stock shifter has more play in it now then the short shifter ever got.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #22
mirathi is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
Name: Steven
mirathi's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my short throw in July, after a long wait from TRD (They sent wrong part), and have been very satisified after almost 6 months. Just like RelentlessTaco said about his loosening up, I also removed mine and make any needed adjustment only to the 4 screws.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
If I recall, URD says to put a dab of loc-tite on there to prevent that. Did it loosen up even with loctite?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #24
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Just ordered it, Cant wait to install it!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #25
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
heads up for anyone with an aftermarket short shifter, get a heavy shift konb. It'll help with momentum switching gears. I have the URD kit and the heavier shift knob helped a ton
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #26
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
heads up for anyone with an aftermarket short shifter, get a heavy shift konb. It'll help with momentum switching gears. I have the URD kit and the heavier shift knob helped a ton
What knob do you reccommend? I have the TRD one and so far I'm not impressed
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #28
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Mine from URD is working perfect. As far as the set screws go, I pinned mine and used red locktite...so far...so good. I am loving it!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #29
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What knob do you reccommend? I have the TRD one and so far I'm not impressed
I love my C2C, too bad they're not around anymore

Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
Mine from URD is working perfect. As far as the set screws go, I pinned mine and used red locktite...so far...so good. I am loving it!
I hope to get mine tomorrow..Maybe install it this weekend

What kind of RTV did you use for the new adapter plate? It has to be trans fluid OK
Old 01-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #31
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope to get mine tomorrow..Maybe install it this weekend

What kind of RTV did you use for the new adapter plate? It has to be trans fluid OK
I used the orange Hi-temp rtv. ( dealer used the same at some point). I believe any RTV will do. It won't be submerged in gear oil, just splashed around a bit.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #32
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
FYI-

The installation instructions do state to use red thread locker and then to stake the set screws with a center punch. If that is done there is no way they can ever come loose on their own.

G
Old 01-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #33
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
FYI-

The installation instructions do state to use red thread locker and then to stake the set screws with a center punch. If that is done there is no way they can ever come loose on their own.

G

Staked them...that's what I meant...staked, not pinned!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #34
I got fisted

Firefighter:
im stiiiil waiting on mine..Usps said should of been here on the third. Damnit I hate waiting.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #35
Palooka is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Palooka's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this installed in my truck for about a year now. I love it, and haven't had any problems with it loosening. I did use locktite and staked the set screw. To be honest I almost forgot I had it in there till I read this.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #36
I got fisted

Firefighter:
One thing I'd like to reccomend to URD..Please include the RTV needed for the install. Would make it a ton easier..

I'd be willing to pay a few more dollars for it to come with EVERYTHING needed, even installation instructions.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #37
I got fisted

Firefighter:
I just installed this, i love it! Took less than an hour to do..great improvement!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #39
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Just a reminder, the top of a jack stand works well to split the shifter off the tras
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #40
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have a video showing the throw difference?