Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

Short throw shifter kit

Old 02-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #41
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
One thing I'd like to reccomend to URD..Please include the RTV needed for the install. Would make it a ton easier..

I'd be willing to pay a few more dollars for it to come with EVERYTHING needed, even installation instructions.
Ordering one tomorrow.

Rough list of tools and materials I need to pick up would be greatly appreciated from yall. I wasn't aware it didn't come with 'everything' until I read this.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #42
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.sporttruck.com/techarticl...ter/index.html

G
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #43
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Perfect thanks
Ill hopefully be calling this evening by the way
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #44
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! i don't know why I waited this long.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #45

Now if only I had a different transmission
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #46

Installed tonight. I was giddy like a school girl when I went for that first drive! If anyone is hesitating on getting this thing, knock it off haha

Literally the best hundo I've ever spent on my truck
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #48

I've had this truck two months today ha making good time on things
Old 04-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #49
Banned
Trailblazin is on a distinguished road

Name: FUCK YOU
Trailblazin's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the URD short shifter about a year ago for $99.

Hands down, Best. Mod. Ever.

Only complaint is I had to put my shift lever in a press and cold bend it a few degree's to keep it from being retarded close to my AC controls. I topped it off with the a leather TRD shift knob. Might cut the shift lever an inch eventually, it's raised up a bit because of how the URD kit is designed.

So yeah. F#CKIN' AWESOME!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #51
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd to remind me to spend my next $100 on this mod

Does URD ever run deeper discount on these? They're currently discounted at $110 + $15 for shipping.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #52
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
Sub'd to remind me to spend my next $100 on this mod

Does URD ever run deeper discount on these? They're currently discounted at $110 + $15 for shipping.
thats a steal for the value of it really. Best $125 bucks i've spent on any of my vehicles
Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #53
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Hope I didn't make it seem like $125 wasn't worth it. I just saw that others paid $99 and was wondering if there were seasonal specials.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #54

I'm sure Gadget can chime in and clarify but 110 is a sale price already according to their site. For eleven dollars Idk that I'd wait for a better deal. If it was a bigger difference maybe. I love mine too, I'm really glad I paid about 125 with shipping but have to say if it were 200 I would've still gotten one.

Maybe it's a prices going up thing, 99 was the sale price, now the sale price is 110. . .
Old 04-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #55
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I'm really glad I paid about 125 with shipping but have to say if it were 200 I would've still gotten one.

Maybe it's a prices going up thing, 99 was the sale price, now the sale price is 110. . .
agreed
Old 05-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #56
oldtoyman is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
oldtoyman's Tacoma Gallery
Just placed my order for a short throw shifter. It feels like Im rowing a boat with the way it is now. Thanks for all the feedback as it helped make my decision...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoyman View Post
Just placed my order for a short throw shifter. It feels like Im rowing a boat with the way it is now. Thanks for all the feedback as it helped make my decision...
You'll love it man. If you have any questions on installation I have a lot of pictures in my album and feel free to PM myself or anyone else with one. Welcome to TacomaWorld!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #58
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine in about three weeks ago and man is it sweet. I have an 08 4x4 regular cab 6 lug and it wasnt pug and play for me. I had to snip the metal on the top side (closest to the engine) in order to tighten and install the two bolts bolts. The block slipped in fine, but there was no way I could put the two top bolts in, let alone tighten them, without bending the metal back. No biggie but took a little extra time.

But all in all one of my favorite things I have done to the truck, especially driving around the city.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #59
Takin' up space!!
daniel68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
daniel68's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine about a week ago. Very strait forward. Very happy with the results!! Highly recommended. Now I tell my wife it's a race truck!!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #60
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel68 View Post
Installed mine about a week ago. Very strait forward. Very happy with the results!! Highly recommended. Now I tell my wife it's a race truck!!
Where abouts in Reno are you at? Maybe I've seen you driving around.