Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD Sale!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD Sale!!!

I have been asked by Thorley to move some stuff for them.

So, here is the deals I have for you!! I am putting it on this forum first so you have first crack at the supply. The sale is limited to only the inventory I have on hand.

Doug Thorley "Pipe Bomb" Y pipes for the 2005+ Tacoma V6, normally $301, on sale for $251. If you buy it with a set of DT Long Tube Headers, you can have it for $225 as a package deal.

This is a slamming deal on Thorley's "Pipe Bomb" Y Pipe!!!

I can't get the coupon feature to work right on the site so you will have to call in for this deal.

877-8URDUSA 877-887-3872

Gadget
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How long is the sale going on? I'm going to get the long tubes for sure and was interested in the URD Y pipe but it'll be after aug. I'm in the middle of some unexpected home repairs and can't do it right now but it's next on my list of mods.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Question: With the DT Long tube and pipe bomb do I need any tuning? Is just running the rear O2 simulator enough to keep my check engine light off and the engine running close to optimal. I know for optimal performance I should get some sort of tuning but I don't NEED it right?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That is right. Tuning is always best, but not required to run the headers and/or Y pipe.

Gadget
Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
Still have a few of these left, but they won't last much longer.

Gadget
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #9
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Still have a few of these left, but they won't last much longer.

Gadget

can I get a discount even if i bought this set from you a week earlier???
Hilo, Hawaii
Old 07-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Remind me on your next order and I will see if I can make it up to you.

G
Old 07-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
I might be able to help you with that!!

G
Old 07-26-2009, 03:07 AM   #12
HILOTOY

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Remind me on your next order and I will see if I can make it up to you.

G
Hey Thanks, U Da Man. I installed the headers and pipe bomb and now have a nasty rasp between 2 and 4k rpms........running gibson catback, tried the stock can too. Any suggestions on type of muffler or resonator.........need help
Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
When you take out all the cats this 4.0L can start sounding not so nice.

This is why we offer the optional turbo muffler for the URD 3" cat-back. It does a great job of taming that catless exhaust note from this engine.

G
Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
rosshoss1 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Bill
rosshoss1's Tacoma Gallery
Gadget, Do you still have the combo offer available?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
Yes!

I have 4 DT "Pipe Bombs" left.

I am heading out to X-Fest Friday morning. Give me a call Tuesday morning after 1100 EST and I will get you setup.

877-887-3872

G
Old 09-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #16
Marines:
Gadget, I have the TRD CAI and Cat Back Exhaust, will the headers and y pipe work well with this combo? I read that hilotoy is getting a rasp with his gibson cat back, will this be the case with the trd exhaust as well? Also, I'm not very educated on this subject, but do the long tube headers work in conjuction with the y pipe or is it one or the other? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #17
Yes, the headers, Y pipes and Cat-Back system all bolt to each other or the stock parts. You can change one of all of them and it all bolts up to each other.

The exhaust will sound really nice until you take out all the cats. Just take out two, either with a Y pipe or the long tube headers and it will sound very nice.

Take out all the cats and you will need to upgrade the muffler. The cats act like little mufflers and when they are all gone there is nothing to break up the nasty exhaust pulses from this big 4.0L V6 and the exhaust can sound raspy.

URD was the first to offer quality exhaust mods for this truck. We had our 3" cat-back and Y pipe out long before anyone else and the truck sounded really AWESOME with them.

Then Thorley released their long tube headers. When the headers where added to the mix the rasp problem started because now all the cats were gone. To address this problem URD did some experimenting with different muffler combos and found one, the quiet turbo muffler, that did a very good job of eliminating the rasp with no cats. We offer that muffler as an option with the URD 3" Cat-Back exhaust system for those that remove all the cats.

I hope all this make sense.

G
Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #18
Marines:
Would the DT Shorty Headers and some high flow cats with the DT y pipe work with the trd cat back?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
HILOTOY

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosshoss1 View Post
Would the DT Shorty Headers and some high flow cats with the DT y pipe work with the trd cat back?

I think that would work fine.........I have the long headers,stock y pipe and catback exhaust. like Gadget said, as long as you keep 2 cats in line you should be alright.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
Marines:
Hilotoy, would it be more advantageous to get the y pipe or the long tube headers? thanks for the advice man.