Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6

Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
SILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
SILVER06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6

I received my URD exhaust the other day....it looks awesome. It's well made and robust for sure. Unfortunately it did not come with the muffler, hardware or any instructions. I called URD and was directed to voice mail. I left a message in regards to this issue with no response thus far. To this point I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt....the additional parts could have been shipped separately, it could have been lost during shipping, etc. I would know for sure had URD sent me some kind of shipping info via email or had an online record of my order.

This is not the first time I have had issues with URD while purchasing parts. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...tml#post166485

They do make quality parts, that do work, but their customer service and attention to detail leave something to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in anyway trying to boycott URD. But I am definitely trying to stand up for the customer...because all too often now days it seems to me that no one has regard for the term:
"the customer is always right"

Especially when you spend $1K+ in our store…
Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Everything you said is completely fair. I'm sure gadget will make it right.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:22 AM   #3
SILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Everything you said is completely fair. I'm sure gadget will make it right.
Rog-o bro thanks for the input...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
How long ago is "the other day"??

Tuesday, December, 15th 2009.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
I have the same exhaust. It is the best sounding exhaust out there for our trucks. Great to here you bought it. And DO NOT WORRY! Gadget is a great guy and will take care of ya.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I will post the updates...
Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
Marines:
Update

Well I finally received the muffler for this system. As it turns out the dyno-max I was sent was an aluminized muffler not a stainless steel one as I expected. I'm not sure if this is how the kit comes, I'll have to find out for sure tomorrow. The box seemed some what used and the muffler it self had some minor dents in it...so again, the saga continues.
Attached Thumbnails
URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6-cimg2331.jpg   URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6-cimg2333.jpg   URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6-cimg2336.jpg   URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6-cimg2334.jpg  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
Marines:
URD 3" Stainless/ Received and Advertised.
Attached Thumbnails
URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6-cimg2339.jpg   URD Stainless 3" Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6-exhaust500.jpg  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER06TRD View Post
URD 3" Stainless/ Received and Advertised.
how much?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
Marines:
$529 for the Magnaflow

+ $29.99 for the "quiter turbo".
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The standard Mangaflow muffler is stainless. The optional Turbo muffler is not.

Sorry about the box. It is not used. They just are not very good boxes and do not seem to hold up very good.

If the muffler has not been installed yet, I can swap it out with your for one without the minor dents.

Gadget
Old 01-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It has already been installed.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #14
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Next time give me a call right away so I can fix it.

G
Old 01-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Next time give me a call right away so I can fix it.

G
From what Leonard told me, He tried. Thing is....The first order was incomplete. No Invoice, nothing but pipe. Then, the muffler shows, after he contacted you, and the box was destroyed, and the muffler dented. I understand that the dents are purly cosmetic, and have no impact on the performance, but.....One would think after spending $550.00+ for an exhaust, it would have been delivered in "New" condition.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
I can understand the separate shipping but an e-mail or phone call to let the guy know would've been nice.
Silver06TRD had to contact URD to inform them the order was still incomplete.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
Back in May URD began shutting down the California operation and relocating everything back in MD were we started to company.

One of the last things to be relocated is the exhaust line. The pipes were shipping from Cali and the mufflers and other parts from MD. It is all in MD now.

It sure looks like the shipping company jumped all over that muffler box. Can't fix it if I don't know about it.

G
Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
I can understand the separate shipping but an e-mail or phone call to let the guy know would've been nice.
We notify all customers that order through the website when a split shipment occurs. It is part of the automated ship notification. When phone orders are place I tell the customers if it will be a drop ship or split shipment.

G