Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Underdog Racing Development

Notices

URD supercharger for 05+ 4 bangers?

Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #601
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2andom81 View Post
I am running stock gears/stock clutch. So far I have only driven with the supercharger for about 200 miles and everything feels to be running perfectly fine.

The install was done by Slee Offroad here in Colorado. I wouldnt trust myself in adding boost to my engine with my limited mechanic skills. I did go over with them if I needed to regear my truck and they actually told me that I probably wouldn't need to. They solely work on landcruisers and tacomas so I felt I could trust what they say.

And yes, I appreciate my tacoma more now with the supercharger. If you lifted and added bigger tires to your application, the 2tre motor was just too slow imo. My buddy with a lifted 05 tacoma drove my truck and said he feels like my tacoma has a little more power than the v6 he has in his truck, so take it for what its worth. I can now go from 60 mph to 80 mph in seconds by dropping 5th gear into 4th easily making passing cars a joy.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I figured the S/C would be the ticket to add some needed power to the truck and its looks like it is. Now I just need to get around to the rest of the install.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #602
i2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of light

i2andom81's Tacoma Gallery
I see URD released the stage 2 upgrade for our superchargers just last week. I wonder what the power increase looks like.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #603
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see URD released the stage 2 upgrade for our superchargers just last week. I wonder what the power increase looks like.
Wondering if it can be run with a high flow cat rather than pulling the cat. Would be nice to have 300hp and not have an issue getting an inspection sticker.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #604
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
Wondering if it can be run with a high flow cat rather than pulling the cat. Would be nice to have 300hp and not have an issue getting an inspection sticker.
i was actually thinking of that today too. I used the magnaflow cats in other trucks before
Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #605
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The kit is a nice change in pace for our small engines. No problems seen yet. I was at a point where I was looking to trading in my Tacoma for a larger v6. I frequently drive up the mountains here in Colorado and without the supercharger, I would be redlining the truck to keep speed on the steeper grades. Now the truck has the power to accelerate uphill which is great.

First time driving the truck with the kit, I wasnt ready for the added power in 1st gear and I spun my 33" mudder tires! Also, I wasnt a big fan of the BOV sound that was shown in the truck a couple pages back so I researched about the HKS ssqv BOV and I found out there is a fin inside of it that when air is pushed passed it, It will chirp a piercing ricer sound. After removing the fin, the truck now gives off a quiet compressed air sound "psssssshhhhhhh."

So all in all, I went to wanting to trade my truck to get something with more power, to loving my truck again to the point where I am starting to get the itch to start adding more mods.
Quote:
I know the kit is expensive, but for me it was worth it. I finally have the power I need to appreciate my 4 cylinder truck without having to part out all my after market accessories just to trade up to a v6 tacoma.

I am running stock gears/stock clutch. So far I have only driven with the supercharger for about 200 miles and everything feels to be running perfectly fine.

The install was done by Slee Offroad here in Colorado. I wouldnt trust myself in adding boost to my engine with my limited mechanic skills. I did go over with them if I needed to regear my truck and they actually told me that I probably wouldn't need to. They solely work on landcruisers and tacomas so I felt I could trust what they say.

And yes, I appreciate my tacoma more now with the supercharger. If you lifted and added bigger tires to your application, the 2tre motor was just too slow imo. My buddy with a lifted 05 tacoma drove my truck and said he feels like my tacoma has a little more power than the v6 he has in his truck, so take it for what its worth. I can now go from 60 mph to 80 mph in seconds by dropping 5th gear into 4th easily making passing cars a joy.
I need $4k.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #606
i2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
I think 300hp would be pushing it on our motor unless you rebuilt the engine to handle that much boost. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like the reliability of the engine would go down.

I have my stock cats still installed in my truck and its running fine.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #607
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think 300hp would be pushing it on our motor unless you rebuilt the engine to handle that much boost. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like the reliability of the engine would go down.

I have my stock cats still installed in my truck and its running fine.
Well, 300hp at the wheels may be pushing it, but with the stage 2 kit you are looking at around 300hp at the crank to get the 248whp that URD saw on the dyno.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #608
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
A guy in this thread earlier posted a link to information about the 2tr. The block is cast iron and the rods are forged. For those of you wanting more power.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #609

So is the consensus be that 250 hp at the wheels would be safe for our application? High flow cats sounds like a great idea too. Maybe I'll look more into it after winter...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #610
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I think you could be putting a little more than 248. The test truck was stock with the exception of cats. You have a header and exhaust so you could be putting a little more power down
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #612
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I think you could be putting a little more than 248. The test truck was stock with the exception of cats. You have a header and exhaust so you could be putting a little more power down
Ur more then doubling the power u have now with this kit. And I'm with u, I'm pretty sure a header exhaust combo would add another 10-15 whp and wtq
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #613

I agree that the URD stage 1 supercharger has more than enough HP to get our trucks moving a lot better. But if Gadget says that adding stage 2 would be safe for our application, I will look more into it. With the header and exhaust, I didnt feel much power increase. I know our small motors needed some exhaust backpressure to make it work more efficiently. Now after boosting the vehicle, I am wondering if the larger exhaust piping + headers helped the supercharger create more power.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #614
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree that the URD stage 1 supercharger has more than enough HP to get our trucks moving a lot better. But if Gadget says that adding stage 2 would be safe for our application, I will look more into it. With the header and exhaust, I didnt feel much power increase. I know our small motors needed some exhaust backpressure to make it work more efficiently. Now after boosting the vehicle, I am wondering if the larger exhaust piping + headers helped the supercharger create more power.
It had to of. I put a lce header on and got a noticeable low torque and high end hp increase. With way more power and a tune I guarantee it adds noticeable power gains
Old 10-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #616
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Was talking about this with friends this past weekend . Most have experience with motors and they were blown away with Urd's stage two chart and claims . They couldn't believe it was producing over 100% gain and were all asking how .
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #617
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Was talking about this with friends this past weekend . Most have experience with motors and they were blown away with Urd's stage two chart and claims . They couldn't believe it was producing over 100% gain and were all asking how .
I think the main thing going on here is that my cats were clogged in the first stock test, and it reduced my stock power (you can see how bad it is after the rpms really start to spool up and it chokes the exhaust.)

I think the numbers are accurate for MY truck, and somebody else's stock truck would start out with higher peak horsepower and torque.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #618
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Supercharger Pics....

Looks great!!

I see I put that one URD placard on upside down. Please contact me at URD so I can get another one sent out to you so you can get it on in the correct orientation.

Thanks!

G
Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #620
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery

I just bought a 2013 Toyota Hilux that has been demilled.

It will arrive today at URD and I will revamp this supercharger kit to also fit the Hilux.

G