1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.7l short thow kit on 09 prerunner

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by TacoVerde, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jun 10, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    TacoVerde

TacoVerde [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    URD short shifter, OBX racing pedals and titanium/carbon fiber shift knob, Rear speaker mod, Taco bed mat, Bed extender, taco door sill protectors, Black TRD floormats, AFE stage 2 CAI, Doug Thorley Header and Catback, Glassworks Unlimited front fenders/bedsides, Engage front LT kit,2.5x8 King co's with resi's, dj straps
    just thought i'd comment on the kit. i didn't get any instructions with the kit so i found some online but they were for the v6 tranny which is 4 bolts and not 6 like the 4 cylinder and the 4 cylinder also didn't have any dowel pins. so for anyone installing this kit on the 4 cylinder don't forget to get the 2 bolts hiding in the back, which i found you have to crawl under the truck and remove/tighten with a wrench.

over all though its an awesome upgrade, even though i've heard mixed reviews. 1-2 and 2-3 are so much smoother than stock and i don't have problems with them any more and as far as going into reverse i'd say that's better too because its goes into gear way more easily now where as stock it took multiple tries and sometimes letting it roll then stopping and trying to push it in

good product:burnrubber::burnrubber:

2. Jun 10, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    love mine :)

To Top