Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Dublin Toyota prices are ~5x higher on parts!!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
Dublin Toyota prices are ~5x higher on parts!!

As I am new to Toyota parts, and coming from european cars, I have been pleasantly surprised by most prices parts I have seen advertised (ex. painted grill for $175!!). So, with that mindset I set off to my local dealer to buy some misc screws, plastic clips, and little parts that my new to me truck was missing. Even though I was slightly shocked by their prices that didn't line up with my new found idea that Toyota parts were reasonably priced, I bought/ordered what I needed anyway since the total bill was only $50. Once back in the office, I plugged some of the part numbers in and found that their pricing was between 2x and 5x of online dealers. I even found that the local stealership "list" price was 3.5x the MSRP listed online? I have posted exact examples below. I always expect to pay list price when buying locally and I support that to have the convenience, but to have the list different than online, and to see a 5x difference in price seems like a ripoff! Have others found THIS MUCH discrepancy locally?

part number.................... local list/sale(same).................. online MSRP ....................online price*
90467-a0016-b2..................... 2.88 ..................................0.80 ..................................0.58
09159-60603 ......................... 2.82...................................0.78 ..................................0.56
90105-06287.......................... 2.46...................................0.69....... ............................0.49
power outlet cover .............. ~16.80.............................. ~10.xx.................................. 7.86

* Online pricing came from discounttoyotaparts.com
Old 11-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
For as long as I can remember (working as a mechanic), Toyota parts were never "reasonably priced". I always remember them costing more than the other Japanese makes (not including the luxury lines). Now Honda, they are "reasonably priced".

Online is almost always cheaper for everything. Why, because there's so much more competition "online". Toyota parts purchased online from a dealer will most likely always be cheaper than your local dealer. Same even goes for vehicle sales. Most dealers around here have an internet department hidden in the back & the prices for vehicles are cheaper (starting off) than if you walked out of that office to a salesman in the same lot.

Local dealers tend to compete with others in the area for pricing. Dealer pricing online tend to compete with other online dealers. Not all dealers sell online though.