1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone purchased anything from CARiD?

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by bonsai3s, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Feb 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    bonsai3s

bonsai3s [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD, Off Road, Prerunner
    Our recent experience with CARiD was horrible. We ordered a dash kit for our Tacoma. CARiD sent me an email stating they are placing our order on "hold" and will not process our order because our PayPal account is "unverified". I told CARiD that PayPal already debited my account. CARiD wanted copies of my credit card (front and back) and a valid government issued photo ID to process our order. (If I'm going to provided all that personal information, I might as well just pay for it with my credit card.) CARiD assured me that they will contact PayPal and refund the money. To expedite and get our order processed, I gave them my Visa number and re-ordered the dash kit. So now I'm waiting for my refund from the first order, and waiting for our dash kit to be shipped. Yesterday, I get another email from CARiD saying our second order is again being placed on "HOLD". It was absolutely bizarre! I called and emailed CARiD and informed them that 1. PayPal paid you the first time. 2. The first payment hasn't been refunded. 3. I again paid for the second order with my Visa. 4. My Visa was already debited the second time. 5. I'm out ($226.20 x 2) $452.40! 6. It was again placed on hold. Just simply bizarre. I would never order from CARiD again. :eek:

To Top