Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

All Pro/Poly Performance bumper debacle

Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Gunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Jim
Gunner23's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro/Poly Performance bumper debacle

Warning: Wall of text

TLDR: Poly Performance is a hassle to order from and apparently incompetent, and if you are going to order from All Pro do it directly because they can't seem to get it right from a distributor. The rear bumper is nice though.

It all started with me ordering All Pro front and rear bumpers in January (20th, not on the group buy). I ordered the front bumper, light hoop, rear bumper, trailer hitch and various accessories from Poly Performance. I got the order powder coated (more on that later). They now have my money, about 2300 bucks.

I didn't research as fully as I might have, so I hoped that everything would be here by the 4th of February. I called Poly and they told me that would in fact be the case.

1st of February rolls around and nothing has arrived. I call Poly again and they tell me this time that they wouldn't be here by the 4th. Was supposed to be a project for me and my visiting buddy from NJ, so much for that. They tell me they'll call All Pro and get back to me. Of course they don't call back, so I do and they tell me they aren't even being made yet.

Time goes by, I go on vacation for two weeks hoping they'd be there when I get back. No dice. Wait until Feb 28, still nothing. So I give Poly another call. They have no clue what's going on, but will get back to me. I call All Pro and they tell me that my order still hasn't been started but should be soon, this is over a month later.

Finally I get an invoice from Poly on 4 Mar with tracking numbers and all. Two boxes arrive on 7 Mar, the rear bumper and the light hoop. Neither are powder coated. So I do a little research and apparently the rear doesn't come powder coated unless you live nearby. But I selected the powder coat option while ordering so at least the light hoop should have been. However that is a separate charge from All Pro and not an option on the Poly ordering page. So I didn't technically order it powder coated, but give me a break if you're going to order the bumper powder coated then it stands to reason that the light hoop should be as well. At least have the option on the ordering page. Most notably however is the lack of a front bumper which was included in the tracking invoice.

I call Poly pro yet again and once more they are clueless. I call All Pro and it turns out they never got an order for a front bumper, just everything else (including a light hoop for a front bumper). So I call Poly back and say WTF. They say they'll take care of it. I call back the next day and it's still not fixed. Calling back and forth between the two they both say that they'll contact each other and fix it. Call back the next day, the 9th, and it still isn't fixed. Same deal. Finally by the end of the day I get a contact back that they will finally be making my bumper and it may be here with in a week.

Today I call All Pro and it still hasn't been made because all the crap before caused my order to be actually placed only "3 weeks ago", which isn't right any way you slice it . However, the guy says that it'll be bumped up so that mine will be in this next batch and "will actually be shipped" next week.

So that's where I'm at... I really didn't think that I should have had to check up every day to make sure that things were happening but I guess I should have done so. Out of the cockpit I'm a type B person, so I just figured everyone would do their job and I'd just be patient. Next time I know differently.

Of course all this time I start getting acquainted with the forums and learn of all the other options I could/should have gone with. Live and learn I guess.

This is just my experience with these two companies, others will obviously vary. Take from it what you will.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
idk what Poly Performance is, but you shoulda just ordered through AP directly. In fact, a few of the staff are active on this board, including Sara

GL with everything
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
PIG is on a distinguished road

PIG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner23 View Post

TLDR: Poly Performance is a hassle to order from and apparently incompetent, and if you are going to order from All Pro do it directly because they can't seem to get it right from a distributor. The rear bumper is nice though.

It all started with me ordering All Pro front and rear bumpers in January (20th, not on the group buy). I ordered the front bumper, light hoop, rear bumper, trailer hitch and various accessories from Poly Performance. I got the order powder coated (more on that later). They now have my money, about 2300 bucks.

I didn't research as fully as I might have, so I hoped that everything would be here by the 4th of February. I called Poly and they told me that would in fact be the case.

1st of February rolls around and nothing has arrived. I call Poly again and they tell me this time that they wouldn't be here by the 4th. Was supposed to be a project for me and my visiting buddy from NJ, so much for that. They tell me they'll call All Pro and get back to me. Of course they don't call back, so I do and they tell me they aren't even being made yet.

Time goes by, I go on vacation for two weeks hoping they'd be there when I get back. No dice. Wait until Feb 28, still nothing. So I give Poly another call. They have no clue what's going on, but will get back to me. I call All Pro and they tell me that my order still hasn't been started but should be soon, this is over a month later.

Finally I get an invoice from Poly on 4 Mar with tracking numbers and all. Two boxes arrive on 7 Mar, the rear bumper and the light hoop. Neither are powder coated. So I do a little research and apparently the rear doesn't come powder coated unless you live nearby. But I selected the powder coat option while ordering so at least the light hoop should have been. However that is a separate charge from All Pro and not an option on the Poly ordering page. So I didn't technically order it powder coated, but give me a break if you're going to order the bumper powder coated then it stands to reason that the light hoop should be as well. At least have the option on the ordering page. Most notably however is the lack of a front bumper which was included in the tracking invoice.

I call Poly pro yet again and once more they are clueless. I call All Pro and it turns out they never got an order for a front bumper, just everything else (including a light hoop for a front bumper). So I call Poly back and say WTF. They say they'll take care of it. I call back the next day and it's still not fixed. Calling back and forth between the two they both say that they'll contact each other and fix it. Call back the next day, the 9th, and it still isn't fixed. Same deal. Finally by the end of the day I get a contact back that they will finally be making my bumper and it may be here with in a week.

Today I call All Pro and it still hasn't been made because all the crap before caused my order to be actually placed only "3 weeks ago", which isn't right any way you slice it . However, the guy says that it'll be bumped up so that mine will be in this next batch and "will actually be shipped" next week.

So that's where I'm at... I really didn't think that I should have had to check up every day to make sure that things were happening but I guess I should have done so. Out of the cockpit I'm a type B person, so I just figured everyone would do their job and I'd just be patient. Next time I know differently.

Of course all this time I start getting acquainted with the forums and learn of all the other options I could/should have gone with. Live and learn I guess.

This is just my experience with these two companies, others will obviously vary. Take from it what you will.
Hey man, sorry about the bad expierence. Can you give me a call when you get a chance? I want to see what I can do to correct things for you and make it right.

Dave
x203
Dave@polyperformance.com
Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner23 View Post

Here's my little go about with Poly Performance;

I ordered some bushings from them to go with my new shocks. They came in within a couple days and the shipping price was low so I was more than happy to work with them again...

Well I worked with them again and this is how it went;
I bought some used UCAs from someone. I needed to buy the washers for them as well as the bolts (recently found I need to replace a few more things on them too.) So I email Mike at Polyperformance who responded saying he called Camburg and got the price for each washer. I then send him pics of them bolts and asked if he can help me figure out which bolts I needed for my truck. This is where things got a little flaky; He couldn't figure out which bolts I would need. I thought he would be able to call up Camburg and help me out again, but he ended up not responding to my email. So I sent him another one telling him I'm ready to buy the washers and bolts if he has them. It looks like he just doesn't care anymore. At 3.25 per washer and me needing 8 of them as well as needing bolts, I would think he would be happy to sell to me. He still hasn't responded to me and I don't think he will. After this event, I'm pretty unsatisfied with PolyPerformance's customer service. They began well like they were able to help me and all, but they just completely flaked on me. Sucks, but I know I'll find these washers elsewhere. I can probably just call Camburg myself.

As for AllPro OffRoad, I've only heard their shipping takes forever so I went up there myself to get my items then and there and to save on shipping costs and time. I arrived early and they were prompt to get my items loaded into my truck for me. Stro-M seemed to know his stuff as he was able to answer my questions really well and with detail. I can't say anything negative about AllPro- Their products seem solid. I can't comment on shipping though I do have a couple friends who have complained about it.

There's my piece.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
My experience with PolyPerformance has only been positive. I ordered my IPF lenses from them and also put in for some ARB bulbs. Well it turned out that ARB stopped making those bulbs, so they called me and the guy recommended a similar pair that were less than 1/2 the price. Needless to say, I was quite happy with them and have purchased the same lamps again when I broke one wheeling.

Shipping was always fast and cheap.

Sorry about your experience though man...You should always try to deal with a company directly if they offer it. Less confusion.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had a problem will all pro. I ordered my bumper on a Monday and
On wednsday it was on my porch!